“A Very Disappointing Experience”

aQueous Day Spa & Wellness Clinic
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My friend and I went to aQueous Spa in Coolangatta yesterday for a deluxe pamper package, I received two Groupon vouchers as a birthday present.

Our appointment was constantly rescheduled for 3 months due to issues at the Spa, such as a lack of communication on their behalf, injury of staff members and/or lack of staff available. The massage was okay, the facial was extremely basic and rushed, and the painting of nails (fingers and toes) was extremely appalling!

The customer service was extremely poor, it was not worth the money that they were charging or asking for nor did it live up to our expectations. I would not recommend them to anyone!

Date of experience: June 2014
2  Thank Tiana_1103

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had a 2 hour session on Saturday. Wonderful Relaxing Experience . Facial, massage and nails painted. I have been very busy with work so I am very stressed. 1 massage from Michelle and my neck and back feel great. I am back again next week for another massage. Thank you Michelle highly recommend aQueous

Date of experience: May 2014
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The very poor customer relations and lack of communication were contributing factors to this low rating. Unable to rate the actual beauty and massage service as we didn't get that far, we had a Groupon voucher and had a mixup with the dates booked for service. The next available appointment was a month and a half away, even upon booking, the lady was rude. When we arrived on the morning we thought we had booked, we were shown the door and vilified by the lady who managed the front desk when asked if there is anything that could be done. She claimed to have called us to confirm however I checked my phone directory, no such call was received. If we had missed an apparent appointment, normally you would receive a follow-up call asking where you are ect. We never received any phone call or voicemail or anything, despite paying over $150 already. I don't think customers should be spoken to in a confrontational or demeaning manner especially when the customers were respectful and displayed a calm disposition. This was such a bad experience, especially since I had my mum with me, thinking it was going to be a nice day of pampering.

Date of experience: March 2014
8  Thank Joanne C
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I purchased a 2 hour delux pamper package on groupon which was good value, even though it states package must be booked as a whole not in parts, due to work they managed it fit me in, I went in at the end of January for a facial and nail pain. The facial was very basic, I use dermalogica products at home and this was simular to what I would do, nothing extra special. As was nail pain. As I was 19 weeks pregnant at this point I was keen to book in for my massage as I was getting bigger, they had my number and would call to arrange my massage and galvanic spa treatment, I waited 2 weeks for the call, eventually calling a few times my self only to be told the lady who makes bookings was out finally managed to book in for 3.3.14 only to recieve a text message on the morning explaining someone was sick and could we rearrange the appointment, again had to call up again to arrange this, slightly concerned as am 24 weeks at this point and wanted to be comfortable finally got in today, only recieved the massage-no galvanic spa treatment and checked my phone for the time as I got on the bed and it was 11.15 the lady took a good few minutes to come in after I lie down and when I checked the time immediately after the massage it was 12.09 so didn't quiet get my full second hour, the massage was enjoyable tho

Date of experience: March 2014