1,051 results
All reviews zebu bar the river police station buffet breakfast room service street parking room was large overlooking the water late checkout king bed standard room shopping centre byron bay undercover parking port mac balcony views
Reviewed 15 June 2016

Whilst the style and decoration of the hotel may be a little dated (1980's?) it is never the less clean, comfortable, and well managed. Its is centrally located off the main street at the waters edge.

Our room was large with a good sized bathroom. The services (Free WiFi, TV, plumbing, aircon, fridge) all functioned well and without issue.

For our evening meal we used the hotel restaurant 'Zebu'. This is against our usual practice of venturing out to the town. However, after taking a stroll around the immediate streets we concluded that the best option was indeed to return to the hotel restaurant. We were not disappointed with that choice and had an excellent meal both in the quality of the food and the service. I'd recommend the Kangaroo Loin.

So, in all an excellent place to stay and eat in Port Macquarie.

Room tip: Avoid room overlooking rear as it can be noisy at night
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Many_Happy_TravelsUK
Rydges_Port, Manager at Rydges Port Macquarie, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Hi Many_Happy_TravelsUK,

Thank you for your great feedback, we are happy to hear you enjoyed stay and found everything to your liking.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Fantastic hotel to stay with young family. Very strategic location and very spacious and clean bedroom. Parking is $ 10 extra, otherwise everything is excellent.

Check in is a breeze, located on the middle of CBD and next to the beach.

I would recommend for holiday and business alike.

Free wifi is nice bonus.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Rydges_Port, Duty Manager at Rydges Port Macquarie, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2016

Hi Garry K,

Thank you for your great review!

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for all the wonderful feedback!

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

The room was comfortable although not much of a view. Very central location right on the river. Convenient to everything. Beautiful buffet breakfast, probably the best I have ever had! Great selection and excellent quality. You can tell the chefs are really proud of their food.

Room tip: Choose a high floor at the front overlooking the river
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Ellceee,

Thank you for the lovely review!

We are pleased that you enjoyed our central location & the buffet breakfast. I will pass on your praise to the chef & buffet breakfast team!

Both the Superior River view or Deluxe King Balcony rooms are guaranteed to boast a beautiful view of the Hastings river. I recommend reserving one of these to get the best view!

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Don't get me wrong I love this hotel and stay regularly. They cook a great steak and rooms are good, I was just a bit disappointed when I was told the bar is fully closed at 9:30pm on a Thur night! Still plenty of customers around and the rugby was still on...

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2016

Port Macquarie is one of my favourite destinations. Located on the mighty Hastings, the views are sensational and the pathway walks along the beaches are really, really beautiful. Flynn's beach is a magical space. LOVE IT!

Port is well laid out, neat, clean and tidy. The City is a MUST to visit. People in most restaurants and shopping centre are happy and welcoming.

Accommodation at Rydges needs an up-grade.
Reception staff are surly.
Bar staff are very professional and knowledgeable and the food is tasty. Great music.
Room service was 'inedible'.

Room tip: Third floor with balcony to take in the view "away from the services".
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Rydges_Port, Duty Manager at Rydges Port Macquarie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2016

Hi Janne L,

Thank you for your review.

Our bar staff will be very happy to hear your praise for their professionalism and knowledge.

I agree that people in Port Macquarie are happy and welcoming. I am disappointed that our reservation staff did not live up these characteristics of our lovely town and I apologize sincerely for the negative experience you encountered with in-room dining.

I have notified both departments of your dissatisfaction with our services and I urge you to contact us directly on 6589 2888 or reservations_portmacquarie@rydges.com if you wish to stay with us again in the future as we would love another chance to redeem ourselves and exceed your expectations.