All reviews timber floors tea and coffee making facilities fresh towels the gold coast comfy bed bbq area vet pets sydney xbox microwave port
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Whilst driving from Queensland to Victoria I required accommodation that was pet friendly because I was travelling with my cat. James at reception was very friendly and more than happy to help out with any requests. I was able to park directly underneath my room as well as directly out front. The rooms are a little old but still have modern features like touch lamps and Bluetooth door locks. The bed was reasonably comfortable, the television and couch were good quality. I found the driveway quite difficult to find and drive on as it's hidden and uneven. I unfortunately had very noisy neighbours and I was able to hear everything from their room as well as all the road traffic, which made it quite difficult to sleep. My shower temperature was amazing but afterwards the shower wouldn't stop dripping. I would recommend this place for its pet friendliness.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Mini_miss8
Reviewed 8 January 2017

We stayed one night here on our way to Queensland. We found the location on a steep hill next to a main road okay but the bushes near the units were being used by travellers to relieve their pets. This is a pet friendly motel. Our room was quite adequate and clean but the hand basin did not have a plug for washing the dishes. The female staff member could not come up with a correct sized plug so we had to cope without one. Overall the motel was okay for the charge of $109.00 for the night but I would not rush back there.

Room Tip: Try a few other motels before committing to this one.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

We constantly want to break up our trips visiting my family on the Gold Coast from our home in the capital & stay here usually once a year each way.

Having 2 jack russells and being so pet friendly, Koala Tree is much better quality than all others we have experienced and very comfortable.

Being so easy walking distance to good Thai, Chinese & take aways on the main streets, & the town centre & beach/rock wall walk, and having some kitchen equipment, sink, decent fridge, good looking pool & bbq, etc as well as the back, modern rooms we always select, we'll be back again!

We have stayed before in the cheaper, front rooms, and found them quirky but cosy. In about 15 visits over the years we have often been able to park our small or big cars right outside the rooms, or within 5 steps easily.

We find the owners direct, clear, up front and helpful whenever we have a need. They are LGBTQI+ friendly, and love our pets. We find Koala Tree & its location to everything Port so good we now routinely book & stay 2 nights each way. See you again in a week & a half!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

A lovely pet friendly motel room. Very modern upgrade with timber floors. Wish other motels would be so accommodating of fur kids. Friendly helpful staff. So grateful I could bring my two little dogs for Christmas night overnight stay to busier family. I'll be back!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MooneeRambler
Reviewed 18 December 2016

Ughhh! Disgusting is the best word. At $159 a night plus $20 per night for the pet you would expect it to be at least clean and bug free. It is filthy with massive cockroaches and ants all over the place. The air conditioner did not work. My husband checked the filters and they looked like they had never been cleaned. The air conditioner did not work even after cleaning. We are stuck here for 2 more nights and it's making my skin crawl. No exhaust fan in the bathroom, they don't service the room even when you request it. The shower goes scalding when the people next door turn their shower on. Also the person that checked us in was so inappropriately dressed that we thought we were checking into one of those places you rent by the hour! Never again! Stay away from this one.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family