All reviews budget hotel bathroom pod hunter street room was clean short stay breakfast was included per night would stay again queen bed convenient location reception staff saturday night honeysuckle wharf harbour foreshore cafes
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

2nd time I have stayed at this budget Newcastle hotel which is walking distance to where I needed to be but not the usual type of hotel I would patronise. Have to say though that whilst the rooms are, as you would expect for the price, quite small they are clean and fit for purpose. The staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet surprisingly good. If you are looking for a comfortable place to crash rather than a resort type experience I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
IbisNewcastleGM, General Manager at Ibis Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Scott R
Thank you for your review, I really appreciate your words and that we satisfied your need and the team were friendly. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again
Regards

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Le Club Accor member I have stayed here on several occasions over the years, the location is great but instead of improving on service and maintenance has become a big issues. First of all I was on my way to Sydney reception was not busy when I arrived several persons were behind reception checking in it took a while,got my room ,room is very tired this time the A/C was working, bathroom door wouldn't shut, bar fridge extremely noisy all night long and cleaning is poor, remote filthy see photos attached. I had long drive decided to order in from new menu a woodfired pizza around 5.30 pm,pizza was very poor quality and under cooked with lots of plastic cheese few slices of pepperoni . But what I saw coming the hotel was extremely poor hygiene and cleaning a bin over filled empties beer bottles and cigarettes butts not emptied for a long time. It is a pity the location is great and good for overnight on your way to Sydney, some major improvements required...?

Room Tip: Great location in need of a refurbishment
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Citizengastronaut

Dear Citizengastronaut,
I would like to apologise that we have really missed the mark with your stay this time.
I have passed the feedback onto maintenance and we have replaced the minibar fridge and will fix the bathroom door. I have also passed on to chef your comments on the pizza.
Regards

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here Saturday 29th september, absolutely dreadful.

Paid 165GBP for one night stay plus 15dollars parking for a room where the toilet had fecus stain(photo) and toilet had a dirty roof.

Check in fella was miserable also, location was good. The lady at checkout in morning was lovely, didnt really want to explain the problem while hungover abit embarresing for her to hear about the hotel.

Go the Travelodge instead, much better.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel was excellent. On Hunter Street which is in the main city centre. Easy access to all the restaurants along the wharf area. Room was spotless. The staff were excellent. Especially Lewis who was on at checkin. He seemed to do everything. Reception. Bar. Waiter and cooked the meals. Incredible. Best hotel we stayed at in Australia. Not because it was flash but just everything was so good. Highly recommended. We very mush liked the vibe of Newcastle overall.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
IbisNewcastleGM, General Manager at Ibis Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Dear Liam
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Newcastle. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team, especially Lewis. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your staff with us and liked the vibe of Newcastle.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Spent Sunday afternoon and night here as well as most of Monday.
Wonderful check in service by staff member Taylah. Nothing was a bother for her and she was very informative regarding places of interest in Newcastle.
I have stayed in many Ibis hotels all over the world but this is the best service I have ever received.
Very clean rooms with most amenities supplied. Only criticism was the lack of a biscuit to have with my cup of coffee.
Very convenient to transport with buses right out the front of hotel, but no noise at night.
A well cooked breakfast with plenty of choices, fresh cappuccinos made to order and delicious.
Would definitely return. Thank you for great service

Stayed: October 2017

Dear Marie,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Newcastle. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto Taylah. I'm very pleased to hear that you experienced great service during your stay and enjoyed your breakfast in the morning. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.