Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2020

We stayed here for one night in December 2019. Very friendly reception and they made us feel very welcome. Large clean, well equipped room with fan. Great location and we were able to walk to the town centre.

Date of stay: December 2019
BVWestport, Owner at Bella Vista Motel Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2020

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Bella Vista Motel Westport. We appreciate your kind comments.
Hopefully we will see you again some day.
Regards Marilyn

Reviewed 25 October 2019

My husband & I travelled from Greymouth to Westport for an overnight stay as it was our 1 year anniversary. My husband comes from the South Island, I come from the North Island BUT we reside in Australia.
This was my first trip to the South Island, I loved it.
We didnt book our accommodation,just did a walk-in, this hotel wasnt our first choice, we had gone across the road BUT the service was appalling, I'm so glad it was, otherwise we would never have stayed here.
From check-in to check-out it was fantastic,the lady who checked us in was so lovely & attentive to our needs.She asked us if we wanted to see room first, which we declined but I thought was a lovely gesture.
The room was just perfect! The bathroom, the kitchette, everything was PERFECT!
I would highly recommend this place & I look forward to returning next year!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Bella Vista Motel Westport. We thank you for your kind comments and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Regards Marilyn

Reviewed 18 September 2019

I never booked in, Just arrived and asked if they had a unit on the ground floor (I use a walking stick and find stairs difficult). The wonderful person behind the desk, arranged that I could have a compact unit. A queen sized bed, microwave, tea and coffee making facilities, separate shower, toilet and basin. OK no sink in the food area and I'm not a fan of washing my dishes in the bathroom basin, but I can't complain since she moved other people around just for me. The unit was very comfortable. The shower was lovely after getting in, in the evening, cold from the wind. I warmed up nicely. The one thing I really didn't like was the pillows. The ones on the bed were for me too hard and too high. I retrieved a spare one from the cupboard which was slightly softer. All in all I had a good nights sleep and a good stay. Thank-you to the woman at reception.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Kaggee53
BVWestport, Owner at Bella Vista Motel Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2019

Thank you for your kind words, I am pleased you had a comfortable stay. Our aim is to try and offer options if available.
Kind regards
Marilyn

Reviewed 7 March 2019

We toured New Zealand in Feb 2019, driving more than 3000 miles and stopping at 15 different places, so are well placed to compare accommodation. All were pre-booked which with hindsight was wise as a lot of places had the No Vacancy sign up.

We had a Compact Queen Studio room, which was compact as described but perfectly adequate, with one double bed. Just prior to this we’d stayed in the same type of room at Bella Vista Fox Glacier which was very similar. Westport was cheaper probably only due to location.

Positives: There was a microwave (unlike Fox Glacier equivalent)

Negatives: Although room was about the same size as Fox Glacier it was not as well laid out. There was a large wardrobe taking up too much space, leaving very little room to open up two large cases. When touring around you don’t unpack your cases every night! No air-con.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BVWestport, Owner at Bella Vista Motel Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2019

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Bella Vista Westport and for your comments.
We were one of the first Bella Vista's built, the design of the later motels has changed and for the better. The good thing about our wardrobes is that they do hold a suitcase. There is a cooling fan on the heater and we have fans available at reception.
Regards
Marilyn

Reviewed 8 February 2019 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Despite a problem with amount of rooms booked all was sorted out amicably. The rooms were clean as were the bathroom areas. Milk was provided for tea and coffee. No breakfast provided but there is a cooking area. Highly recommended with the hostess living on site.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
BVWestport, Owner at Bella Vista Motel Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2019

Thank you for your kind comments. Apologies once again regarding the rooms issue, we don't like this happening but it does happen thankfully not that often. Enjoy the rest of your journey.
Kind regards Marilyn