Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Destinia.com
CheapTickets
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2019

Archer House is a unique and beautiful property with a feel from a by gone era. A colonial gem coupled with modern decor and artwork, it truly is a very special place.
The hospitality by Jacky and helpful advice for our onward journey given by Charlie was wonderful.
Thank you both for an unforgettable stay.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed here one night during our honeymoon and only regret not staying longer. Jackie and Charles were amazing, the home is beautiful, and the town and surrounding area are spectacular. If you’re visiting the West Coast, I strongly encourage you to find time for a stay at the Archer House.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2018

Archer House is outstanding. A beautifully restored house with a regal feel. You must do it justice, both to the area and the accommodations by staying a good 3 days as a base for all the great hiking nearby. Add to that the original artwork, and the fabulous hosts Charles and Jackie. We had the house practically all to ourselves. The lounge-kitchen-dining room is open plan, spacious and extremely comfortable. We fixed ourselves a couple of light suppers, and Charles and Jackie go out of their way to prepare you a wonderful breakfast each morning. Charles & Jackie will help you pointing out all the wonderful attractions in the area, they are long time residents of Westport, world travelers and photographers, for sure you get the royal treatment.

Room tip: Any room, if not fully booked ask to choose the one you prefer best. It's all beautiful!
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2018

I stayed here for 3 nights with my cousin and her family who lives in New Zealand and my daughter. The house is lovely, beautifully decorated and lent itself to having groups of people over. So why the poor rating. We were here in the winter and the house does not have central heating and the very small heater provided did not warm the very large room up much. But the real reason for my rating was my biggest pet peeve when travelling - DUST. I was able to write "dust me" on two surfaces (and there may have been more but I did not go around and check everywhere) and this dust was not the ordinary day-in day-out dust the occurs, but had accumulated over time. For what I paid for this stay this was totally unacceptable. Also having an outlet or port to charge my i-pad by the bed would have been nice. I also found it strange that the front bedroom I was in could not receive internet service even with the modem in my room. I had to go into another room to do so which was a bit inconvenient.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

While we only stayed for one night en route to Christchurch, we would highly recommend a longer stay in this gorgeous property and Westport itself. Both our hosts and the owner are passionate about this grand home and its history; and the level of detail in its faithful restoration over many years is clearly evident throughout the house. Beautiful, timber, leather, and lead light features adorn this home alongside a contemporary high end kitchen and conservatory extension. Mod cons meet open fireplaces and a lovely collection if antiques. Eating out is fine as the home is centrally located in beautiful gardens, while self catering is also encouraged. A welcome glass of wine or two is on offer as well as a comprehensive continental breakfast. This will be our choice of home away from home for any future visits to Westport.

Date of stay: March 2018