“Not Your Ordinary Tourist Attraction - Experience of a LIFETIME!!”
Review of Fly Fiordland

Fly Fiordland
Ranked #14 of 33 Tours in Te Anau
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic flight tour of Doubtful Sound and Milford Sound with informative commentary and friendly pilot/guides.
Los Angeles
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Not Your Ordinary Tourist Attraction - Experience of a LIFETIME!!”
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Desperately seeking a more personal experience, I chose Fly Fiordland over Real Journeys and other tour organizers because of the 'personal service' promise. I'm so glad I did - they delivered on their promise, and then some. Shaun was incredibly communicative throughout the process when weather threatened our trip, and continued to keep me up to date as our trip approached. He customized a scenic tour for me, arranged a boat cruise at a reduced rate, and made sure my seat in the plane gave me the view I was so excited and hopeful for. Throughout the flight, he gave fun and informative detail without being one of those tour guides you feel is reading from a script. This is without a doubt not only the greatest experience I've had thus far in New Zealand, but one of the most unforgettable experiences in my life. HIGHLY highly recommended - seriously - you must do this. It's worth every single cent.

Visited November 2016
1 Thank skygirl12

Leven, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 7 November 2016

We flew with Nadia and Sean from Te Anau into Milford Sound in a Cessna - no nerves from me as we glided over the mountains gaining an amazing perspective over the lakes and fjords of the National Park. Great commentary from Sean telling us about the early settlers of the area and the terrain. Our trip was rearranged to the morning by the team to ensure we got the best weather for flying and then Nadia made sure we met up with our tour team for the journey back. A great experience made better by the friendliness of the crew. Would highly recommend - we loved it

Visited October 2016
Singapore, Singapore
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Thrilling Experience!”
Reviewed 23 October 2016

Our plans to drive from Milford Sound to Te Anau got roadblocked (literally) by closures due to avalanche risks along the way. Not wanting to miss visiting Milford Sound, we called up Fly Fiordland and they were able to quickly arrange a flight for us. We were quite nervous as we have never flown in such small plans, but pilots Sean and Morris (Maurice?) were friendly and chatty - giving us short commentaries about the views from up in the air. Flying over the fiordland and landing in Milford Sound was definitely an experience to remember!

Visited October 2016
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“an absolute must!”
Reviewed 29 March 2016

We highly recommend this flight. Honestly the most amazing experience - breathtaking 360 views from a totally different perspective. Shaun was a fantastic pilot, very knowledgeable and friendly. Shaun and Toni could not have been more accommodating and so great to book and fly with!

Visited March 2016
1 Thank Ashwelll
Auckland, New Zealand
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Amazing Doubtful”
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

We took the 40min scenic flight over Doubtful Sounds. It was an amazing experience and the pilot gave great commentary along the way. A must do!

Visited December 2015