eDreams
Priceline
All reviews the cottages new zealand milford sound south island two nights bedroom cottage well appointed kitchen place to stay would definitely stay here again bed was comfortable fiordland national park glow worm caves hosts mountains town accommodation cows
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2020

We were very impressed with our cottage. It was immaculate, contained everything we required for our three night stay, easy distance from Te Anau, with Rachel being a respectful host. Electric blankets and heaters were appreciated as it got to -5°! An extra bonus would be laundry facilities

Room tip: Any of the 4 self contained cottages would be good
Date of stay: July 2020
Rachel Lowrey, Owner at Blue Thistle Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2020

We appreciate that you have taken the time to write such a wonderful review for us. Yes, it has been a little colder than normal this winter, and I am glad that you enjoyed having the electric blankets on your beds. we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 13 July 2020 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at this lovely self contained cottage.It was the depths of winter but the cottage was warm and cozy.Very comfy bed.Very clean bathroom and kitchen.We can recommend this place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, Dallas. It is always nice to arrive at your accommodation and find it nice and warm, especially in the winter. This is why we ask for an e.t.a. I am delighted to hear that you found our beds comfy.
Best wishes to you and your family.

Reviewed 21 June 2020

I spent 6 nights at Blue Thistle and found it perfect for my needs. I was after a quiet location, on the Milford Road, not far from town, but far enough to be away from hustle and bustle. The cottage met all my needs - it was clean and tidy, the bed was comfortable and warm. The bathroom had good heating and the shower good pressure. Kitchen facilities had everything I needed.
Rachel and David were perfect hosts - the TV stopped working and Rachel was quick to pop over and remedy that. Communication at all times was excellent, as I arrived in town slightly earlier than anticipated, and I was able to check in straight away. My original booking was just prior to lockdown, and I had to postpone my booking - Rachel and David were very understanding and held my booking until I was able to travel after lockdown was lifted. Also excellent email communication regarding the Milford Road being open etc and even a snow report. Great spot.

Date of stay: May 2020

Leanne, it was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I'm pleased that we ticked all the boxes and for your accommodation requirements. I hope that you managed to take some photos that are going to take pride of place in your home to remind you of your time with us. Thank you for your lovely review and take care.

Reviewed 1 April 2020

Delightful little cottage, very clean and pretty, with a stunning view. The bed was comfortable and the shower had great water pressure. The gardens on the property were very attractive, and it was fun to look our at cows, goats and sheep. The owner was very kind and helpful.

Date of stay: March 2020
BlueThistleCottages, Owner at Blue Thistle Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2020

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. It is always nice to wake up to the peace and quiet of the country and to be able to look out at the animals and your own private garden. Thank you for your wonderful comments and we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 9 March 2020

We spent 3 nights here and although the road to Milford Sound was washed away we had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the cottage. It was beautifully clean, well equipped and the view wonderful. Rachel gave us good advice. It was a short journey by car into the town centre.

Date of stay: February 2020

Thank you Michael for taking the time to write a review for us. It is a shame that the Milford Sound Road was closed while you were here. It was my pleasure to give you some advice of other things to do while you were staying with us. Best wishes.