Lowest prices for your stay
US$63
Free cancellation until 01/07/21
Expedia.comUS$63
CheapTicketsUS$63
eDreamsUS$63
All reviews the kitchen milford sound spa bath studio room large bathroom stayed one night new zealand nice place to stay easy walk would stay again local knowledge long drive nigel motel lake town heating
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2021 via mobile

Do yourself a favour and book a superior suite with hot tub. Very relaxing after a day walking/enjoying other activities in Te Anau.
The bed was also very comfy and heaps of amenities available including bikes and games.
Owner was very friendly and welcoming.
Will definitely stay again.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2021

The owner was not helpful and we felt he didn't want to be there.
The rooms were musty and the kitchen oven was filthy along with the glasses, cutlery and other table top kitchen appliances.
The grounds were full of weeds and the lawn needed mowing.
Would certainly not recommend this place at all.
Don't know why they are showing the Qualmark sign as this motel has been removed from Qualmark recommendation.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Glenn B
NIGEL HUMPHRIES, Owner at Anchorage Motel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2021

Hi Glen - obviously we were not what up to your expectations. Sorry that you were disappointed. We do actually take pride in what we offer so your comments are really gutting for us. I am a real person at the end of your cutting comment who is actually passionate about this area and believe me, I would not have been in this business for 20 plus years it that was the way I operated. If you are talking about me as the owner/manager, then apologies from me that you thought I was not interested - I do care as many other guests say but perhaps you caught me at a tired moment - we are all only human and do sometimes have these moments. All your other comments are noted thanks. We are a current member of Qualmark also.

Reviewed 11 March 2021 via mobile

Highly recommend staying at Anchorage Motel when visiting Te Anau.
The hosts are very welcoming and full of local knowledge. The rooms are clean and tidy. LOVED the heated floor in the bathroom! The bed was super comfy with extra pillows and blankets if needed.
Easy walk into town or by the lake.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2021

Really fairly priced, highly recommend choosing spa bath option which was great after a rainy cold day in Milford and even supplied dressing gowns!! My room was spotless and I didn't expect it to be cleaned when I was staying just 2 nights and they had supplied me with 4 towels. The highlight was arriving from Queenstown exhausted and early check in was available! Only things were bed was way too soft but that is personal preference:) and the bin was a bit small considering cooking facilities!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2021

We stayed 2 nights and it was just perfect. We did the Envy Experiences Tesla tour to Milford Sound which is run from this motel and I can't recommend it highly enough.
The hosts here are friendly and accommodating. The room, while slightly older, was clean and well appointed. It ticked all my main boxes: thick walls, a comfy bed, and good shower pressure. The cedar hot tub was an extra touch of luxury. This would be our first choice for accommodation on any future visits to Te Anau (and there will be future visits, its a great little town and Milford Sound is just breathtaking).

Date of stay: January 2021