Lowest prices for your stay
US$65
Free cancellation until 28/04/21
Expedia.comUS$65
PricelineUS$65
eDreamsUS$65
All reviews the kitchen milford sound heated towel rack underfloor heating spa bath studio room large bathroom stayed one night new zealand nice place to stay easy walk would stay again local knowledge long drive nigel motel lake
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 January 2021

We stayed 2 nights and it was just perfect. We did the Envy Experiences Tesla tour to Milford Sound which is run from this motel and I can't recommend it highly enough.
The hosts here are friendly and accommodating. The room, while slightly older, was clean and well appointed. It ticked all my main boxes: thick walls, a comfy bed, and good shower pressure. The cedar hot tub was an extra touch of luxury. This would be our first choice for accommodation on any future visits to Te Anau (and there will be future visits, its a great little town and Milford Sound is just breathtaking).

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 27 November 2020

We looked at so many different options for our two night stay in Te Anau, in the end the price and more importantly the hot tub was the overwhelming reason to stay. It didnt disapoint. The hot tub was amazing and the next night it only took a short time and a couple of logs to heat up again. The owner was very friendly and helpfull, the room very comfortable. For the price its an absolute bargin cant recommend highly enough.

Room tip: Hot tub rooms
Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank Lorraine C
Reviewed 11 November 2020

First thing first, the hotel offers a personal hot tub in your own room. I did some research and some hot tubs cost extra to the accommodation price , plus they needed to be booked ahead. I was on vacation and hate to be on tight schedule. The hot tub studio worked perfect for my vacation. The room I stayed (no. 2) came with an outdoor hot tub, a gas BBQ, a fully equipped kitchen, a SPA bath with heated tile-floor, and much more. Soaking in the hot tub after a long drive to Te Anau and at night after Milford Sound are simply amazing.

The first night experience was perfect. The water was preheated and ready when we checked in. Unfortunately, I mistakenly drained the bath tub after the first night which I was not supposed to. It took a really long time to heat the water back to comfortable temperature. The spa bath came to the rescue. Not as wonderful as an outdoor hot tub on a chilly day but it was still awesome. Night time soak after dinner was divine (water is heated perfectly after several hours). I had two good night sleep here. Highly recommended if you are deciding to stay in Te Anau.

Nigel, the manager/ owner, is very kind and understanding. He provided us with a neighborhood map and few suggestions. Plus, he let me play with his cats. Cat lovers beware: they are highly adorable and very friendly.

I forgot to mention the milk provided when we checked in. It came in a clear glass bottle, no information. Fresh milk, very yummy. Don't miss it!

This motel is within a short walking distance to everything Te Anau has to offer. Although it is not lakefront, it is really close to the lake. I was hesitating at first too but felt like I would end up in non-lake view in the lakefront resort with my budget anyways. Nigel told us the price now is what he offered 20 years ago. Well, that explains everything. It is affordable and well-worth every dollar. By far this motel has the best value I have found in New Zealand.

Room tip: Hot tub studio is the best!
Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 14 July 2020 via mobile

This motel is excellent value. The cedar hot tub on a freezing afternoon was lovely. And the water heating fire system was a novelty.
Nigel was so helpful and gave my tall teenage boys a studio each so that they could stretch their legs.
We only stayed one night but it was great for us. Heated tiles and electric blanket were also nice!

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JMW2014
NIGEL HUMPHRIES, Owner at Anchorage Motel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2020

Thank you for staying with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the Hot Tub. Please do come back for a relaxing weekend again.

Reviewed 18 February 2020

While it is a bit tired it was very comfortable and well appointed. After staying in about 6 hotels in the last week we got one of our best sleeps there. The management was really helpful and responsive.

Room tip: Good rooms
Date of stay: February 2020