Lowest prices for your stay
US$67
Free cancellation until 03/06/22
US$62
Free cancellation until 02/06/22
Priceline
US$67
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.comUS$67
TravelocityUS$67
eDreamsUS$62
All reviews the kitchen milford sound spa bath comfortable bed hot tub new zealand local knowledge long drive stayed nights nigel motel lake town accommodation studio cutlery oven
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 February 2020

We stayed one night at the Anchorage. The rooms are a good size and the kitchen area had everything we needed. We were pleasantly surprised to find the large bathroom had heated floor tiles. The man on the reception was extremely helpful. We stayed when the floods had blocked roads in various locations. He contacted the next location we were staying at to find out whether we would be able to get through. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The bed was very cosy are comfy. The location of the Anchorage is within easy walk to everything and there are car spaces for all cars.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank Pamela B
Reviewed 3 February 2020

We had a studio room which was comfortable enough for our one night stay before an early departure to Milford Sound. An easy enough walk into town for dinner/drinks if you don't want to drive. Would stay again.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank wing_wingggg
Reviewed 14 November 2019

Stayed here just the one night for work. My colleague was booked in across the road at the Kingsgate. Prior to our arrival we both thought she had got the better booking. We we're wrong.

Check-in at the Anchorage was a breeze, very friendly owner. My room was a spacious 2 bedroom with a equally spacious lounge. TV's in every room, underfloor heating in the bathroom. Although the shower pressure was low-ish, the sheer volume of water it released was magnificent! Kitchen was well kitted out with a very large fridge. There is also a large BBQ which can be moved around close to your room if you need.

Room was very close to the road but room was very quiet with zero road noise. Bed was really comfortable with excellent linen and quality pillows. One or two little flaws which stopped me voting for 5 stars but those were so minor they're not worth mentioning.

By contrast, my work colleague's stay across the road was far, far less enjoyable. I would highly recommend the Anchorage to all.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DaveBevin
Reviewed 4 November 2019

My experience started out by Expedia letting me book a room here after hours when it shouldn't have. There was no one on site and being that I'm from the US but was in New Zealand, was not able to call Expedia to sort it out. While trying to figure out where else I could stay, I get a message from the motel owner who was out of town on business. He said Expedia should not have let me book it but he was going to try and get ahold of someone local to help me. In about 10 minutes a woman drove up and checked me in. She was extremely friendly and did not seem troubled at all even though it was about 10pm by that time. The room itself was shockingly wonderful. The room was very spacious and the bed comfortable. The whole room had great touches which seemed way above the typical motel norm. You can tell the owners care about the customer experience here. It was a bonus it is located in a quiet residential neighborhood, That all said, I would highly recommend this property.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank DeneMiles
Reviewed 26 October 2019 via mobile

This place was awesome - loved the wood fired outdoor cedar bath +++++ Under floor heating in the bathroom was a bonus too! Nigel made us feel welcome, the location was handy and everything was clean. Would happily return here

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank NopocketsincoffinZ