Lowest prices for your stay
$293
No prepayment needed
travelup.com
$324
Vio.com
$288
Breakfast included
All reviews milford sound central location two double beds buffet breakfast room was large the main street centre of town new zealand an upgrade one night stay free wifi south island stayed nights lake distinction te tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2024 via mobile

Stayed here for one night to go to the gloworm tour and for that purpose it was convenient. Check in was easy and staff nice. Room was dated with old, gold bedspreads that I cannot imagine how old they are. The room and bathroom were both clean. The morning breakfast buffet had a decent amount of food to choose from. Location was good to walk one block and take the boat ride over to the gloworm tour which is a plus. You can also easily walk around the lake and town for shopping and restaurants so the location is good.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2024 via mobile

Distinction Luxmore is ideally situated in Te Anau for taking the many excursions available in the surrounding areas, e.g. Milford/Doubtful Sound, Glow worm caves etc.
This 4 star hotel offers a comfortable stay, adequate facilities including guest laundrette, and buffet style breakfast. Whilst breakfast didn't really offer high quality ingredients, e.g. mass produced hash browns, basic sausages, bacon, cereals etc we were impressed by the fresh fruit and the whole honey comb, which is something we have not seen elsewhere. The honey was delicious!
There's no air conditioning in the rooms, but they do provide an oscillating floor fan. Basic toiletries provided, not luxury, but reasonable accommodation for the stop off point in Te Anau.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2024 via mobile

Very good place on the edge of the lake. Good service from lovely staff. Good rooms. Comfortable bed, great shower. Had a good meal for tea with plenty to eat. Large range of food for breakfast in the morning. Because it was cold, couldn't go for a swim. Very happy.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2024

Simply put, I wouldn’t recommend. Nicest thing I can say is it was clean. Old decor, peeling laminate in bathroom, no air conditioning, cheap beds with massive roll together. Grumpy staff on check in. All for $300. Come on Distiction this is embarrassing.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Glen Donovan, Other at Distinction Luxmore Hotel Lake Te Anau, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2024

Hi Sandbernie
Thank you for your feedback.
I am happy to hear everything was clean. We have a large hotel and our refurbishment plans are ongoing including upgrading beds of which we replaced 66 in October 2023. The most concerning issue you raised is grumpy staff for which there is no excuse and something I will address immediately. I regret you did not have an enjoyable experience but wish to assure you I will address your concerns with our team.
Best Regards

Reviewed 10 January 2024 via mobile

I don’t write negative reviews but this time definitely they got the gold medal!!!!
First we came to the hotel al 12:35, after driving 5 hours, I asked the receptionist (young girl) if where possible to check in earlier and at the same time stay a day longer, suddenly a very disgusting guy who was siting on the other side shout to me “check in at 14:00”
So I paid the extra night and came back at 14:00.
The disgusting guy was doing the check in and he said, your room is not ready!!!!!!! We have 109 hotels rooms………. (Don’t think they have check in/out all the rooms same day)
Anyway we wait until 14:45 for the room, he was very rude all the time, I’m sure he made it purposely you could see it in your face.
Even if the a short of stuff for cleaning the rooms (his excuses) they 4 hours to clean , and beleihe me the Cleaness was very poor!
Hotel is like to travel to 1990!

Room tip: Don’t lose your money
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Xavier
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
I will of course take your comments seriously and pass them on to our team.
We have 180 rooms and can have up to 160 all check out and in again on the same day. This is because many guests especially groups stay only one night. This being said it does not take 4 hours to clean a room and where possible staff will change allocations to accommodate an early arrival. I am sorry that you had a bad experience and will do my best to address the issues you raised.
Best Regards