Lowest prices for your stay
$293
Go to your Happy Price
$288
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews milford sound central location two double beds buffet breakfast room was large the main street centre of town new zealand an upgrade one night stay free wifi south island stayed nights lake distinction te tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 January 2024 via mobile

Very good place on the edge of the lake. Good service from lovely staff. Good rooms. Comfortable bed, great shower. Had a good meal for tea with plenty to eat. Large range of food for breakfast in the morning. Because it was cold, couldn't go for a swim. Very happy.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2024

Simply put, I wouldn’t recommend. Nicest thing I can say is it was clean. Old decor, peeling laminate in bathroom, no air conditioning, cheap beds with massive roll together. Grumpy staff on check in. All for $300. Come on Distiction this is embarrassing.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Glen Donovan, Other at Distinction Luxmore Hotel Lake Te Anau, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2024

Hi Sandbernie
Thank you for your feedback.
I am happy to hear everything was clean. We have a large hotel and our refurbishment plans are ongoing including upgrading beds of which we replaced 66 in October 2023. The most concerning issue you raised is grumpy staff for which there is no excuse and something I will address immediately. I regret you did not have an enjoyable experience but wish to assure you I will address your concerns with our team.

Reviewed 10 January 2024 via mobile

I don’t write negative reviews but this time definitely they got the gold medal!!!!
First we came to the hotel al 12:35, after driving 5 hours, I asked the receptionist (young girl) if where possible to check in earlier and at the same time stay a day longer, suddenly a very disgusting guy who was siting on the other side shout to me “check in at 14:00”
So I paid the extra night and came back at 14:00.
The disgusting guy was doing the check in and he said, your room is not ready!!!!!!! We have 109 hotels rooms………. (Don’t think they have check in/out all the rooms same day)
Anyway we wait until 14:45 for the room, he was very rude all the time, I’m sure he made it purposely you could see it in your face.
Even if the a short of stuff for cleaning the rooms (his excuses) they 4 hours to clean , and beleihe me the Cleaness was very poor!
Hotel is like to travel to 1990!

Room tip: Don’t lose your money
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Xavier
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
I will of course take your comments seriously and pass them on to our team.
We have 180 rooms and can have up to 160 all check out and in again on the same day. This is because many guests especially groups stay only one night. This being said it does not take 4 hours to clean a room and where possible staff will change allocations to accommodate an early arrival. I am sorry that you had a bad experience and will do my best to address the issues you raised.

Reviewed 8 January 2024

We’ve stayed at this hotel a couple of times previously in past years and nothing has changed. It’s a large hotel that caters for lots of bus tours. We keep choosing it because it’s consistent and dependable and most rooms are decorated OK (as long as you’re comfortable with a dated corporate hotel look). They have good luggage storage facilities and also a comprehensive buffet breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Paul
Thank you for choosing to stay at Distinction Luxmore again and for taking the time to give us your feedback.
I am happy to hear you trust our brand standards. We are committed to improving our product and have more refurbishment plans in the near future. I will pass your comments on to our team and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2024

We arrived in Te Anau Christmas Day mid afternoon and went to book in knowing we had a 2pm check-in. However reception was very busy with a bus load of tourists just arrived. Took some time to get assistance and when we did, we were told there would be another half hour wait to get to our room as room service had not yet finished with it. Thats fine, we could go sightseeing some more and come back later, which we did. Room was ready however was much later than we hoped for.

Room was great for what we wanted for the next 2 nights. Was on the backside of the hotel with views out over the lake and mountains. And it was quiet.

Hilights Restaurant was opened for Christmas Day dinner and they provided each table with a christmas cracker. Food was great. Staff were awesome. Night was very very good. Hilights Restuarant also did morning breakfasts. Staff here were also awesome and helpful and great to deal with.

Our only problem came when it came time to check out. Because there were so many tourist buses staying, we offered to check out late to help keep checking out numbers down in the morning rush to check out. But no, no way in the world was reception going to let that happen. So there was no acknowledgement of us checking in late and no way we were allowed to check out late.

Fortunately all the staff we met and dealt with that weren't reception were great to talk to and deal with. An overworked overstressed reception let the rest of the team down. Not a great first impression for someone supposed to be giving first impressions.

We'd highly recommend the Distinction Luxmore Hotel in Te Anau. Just not when its busy - reception can't cope.

Room tip: Get a room at back of motel for views of mountains and Lake. No air con but rooms had fans but cords weren't long enough to reach windows
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Glen Donovan, Other at Distinction Luxmore Hotel Lake Te Anau, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2024

Hi Stu
Thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive feedback.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and apologise if reception were under excessive pressure. I will pass your comments on to our team who genuinely pride themselves on friendly professional service.