All reviewsmilford soundtwo double bedsfree wifitown centrewould stay againlake viewcomfortable roomrestaurants and shopsstayed here for two nightssouth islandtequeenstowncruise
Reviewed 13 October 2015 via mobile

Kingsgate hotel while on Te anau's waterfront and close to town center was affordably priced at 109 per night it certainly didnt promote any luxurys. Very basic accomodation. The rooms were decorated with awful bedspreads and artwork on the wall very dated. The beds were only doubles which didnt leave alot of room for movement with 2 people. The bathrooms were tasteful with modern amenitys but the bath was unfortunately very narrow and left no room to move. Onsite parking was a plus. The restaurant onsite was not open which was disappointing when their is no kitchen related items in rooms which meant sourcing hot food to eat in town. The internet den was located directly beneath the stairs and was a very dark space. Also found their was no one available to take my luggage to my room and the hotel did not have an elevator and as a result being on crutches this very inconveniant. Sufficed to say if u want cheap with no luxurys the kingsgate should be your option for me however i will not be wasting money staying with kingsgate te anau again.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Nick L, Manager at Kingsgate Hotel Te Anau, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Dear Jaci F
I appreicate you taking the time to post your feedback regarding your stay. I apologise to both you and your husband regarding the lack of enjoyment you experienced. As I explained to your husband on checkout, the restaurant is closed during our quieter periods yet the full menu is still available to order via room service. Our staff are only to happy to assist with the delivery of luggage to guest rooms. Again, I apologise for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

We stayed only one night as a transit stop through to Milford sound. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating.
The place itself is old on the outside, but don't let that deceive you. The rooms are super clean, and the bathrooms were immaculate.
I enjoyed the buffet breakfast - i recommending either getting a room rate with the breakfast included, as there was plenty of options and it's an excellent way to eat up prior to a long trip through Milford sound.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Adamina D
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. I have shared your comments with the hotel staff. We trust you had a safe journey back home.

Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

Don't let the looks deceive you. Might not be the newest looking hotel, but would have to be the friendliest we have stayed at for a while. We were given a free upgrade to lake/mountain view room on arrival, as well as unlimited internet. Staff more than happy to help, and chat about plans etc. Room was very comfortable. Great view of lake right across road.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Soreilly91

Dear Soreilly91
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I trust you had a safe journey back home.

Reviewed 17 September 2015

Had a really great two nights in Te Anua. Really nice little town a good escape from Auckland.
All the staff members we met were very helpful and friendly - including the baritone singing from Powell at breakfast.
Rooms are very clean and tidy - also, I think it was the most powerful shower I have ever used!
Great location on the lake front and only a small walk into the town centre.
Will be back again and will recommend to others. Would like to see free Wi-Fi and cheaper bike rentals next time though :D

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karl M
Nick L, Manager at Kingsgate Hotel Te Anau, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2015

Dear Karl M
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I have shared your comments with the hotel staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

i was check in at very late time (around 11.30pm) because just have long drive from fox glacier but the staff welcome us with her big smile and we have our rooms ready and warm because the heater was on. the bed have electric banket which make us warmer (it was winter time at around 1-2 degree celcius). the hotel located in front of lake and have amazing view.

Room Tip: hotel doesn't have elevator/lift, so if you bring big suitcase and a lot of suitcases better to ask at lobby level room.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Sifera S
Nick L, Manager at Kingsgate Hotel Te Anau, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

Dear Sifera S
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I trust you had a safe journey back home.