“Epic adventure!”

Packrafting New Zealand
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: When it comes to outdoor adventure, we hate to choose between things. Thankfully, packrafts keep us from having to! We think you just can't beat the mix of hiking, climbing, camping and paddling that these little boats make possible. You get to experience the land in so many different ways, hiking through forests, up glacier carved valleys or over mountains; paddling across lakes, down rivers or
Reviewed 11 January 2018

An epic adventure with skilled professionals. The Fiordland Explorer is hard to beat if you're looking for the opportunity to leave the crowds and explore one of the most rugged and spectacular parts of New Zealand.

Arno is a true professional focused on providing a safe and unique packrafting experience. I would definitely do another expedition with Arno and Packrafting New Zealand.

Packraftingnz, Owner at Packrafting New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

HI Andrew

You could be getting you wish of more adventures - looks like the trip down the south could be a go ! Thanks heaps for the review.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"teacher"
"adventure"

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Wow, what can I say except it was a totally awesome and an exceptionally fun day. Loaded with spectacular views both on the water and hiking through the forest. The guide had excellent knowledge of the area and very professional. I loved every minute of the trip and can't wait to do another packrafting adventure. I highly recommend anyone to do this as it's brilliant. I have been telling everyone I see how incredibly awesome it is. Shame they don't do more packrafting in Australia, never mind just have to take a trip to NZ :). Thanks again for a fabulous day and top food.

Thanks for the review. Glad you liked the food spend all night making it :-) Australia is too warm anyways better come back over to Nz ;-)

Reviewed 4 January 2018

These amazing people also take paddle boarding trips down the Waiau. As a family this is something we all enjoyed from the 10 year old to my husband. We had a blast, we tried a few rapids, jumped off a rope swing and enjoyed the silence of the river a truly magical experience for the whole family. The teenagers loved it! I can't recommend this highly enough, You guys rock!!!

Thanks Kim shame i could come with you guys on that day sounds like a good day out

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had been hiking in Australia and New Zealand for a week, and I thought it would be fun to mix it up a bit and I am so glad we did.

First let me put out there that neither of us had ever done anything like this before (short of paddling a canoe, and we would be hard pressed to be considered experts at that.)

Although you hike in carrying your boat, paddles, wetsuit, and whatever other gear you need, the pack felt lighter than what I normally carry when I hike, and Andy was an incredible teacher, from start to finish. He had us in the water paddling around, in the blink of an eye.

The trip down river was gorgeous, and the views from the lake were spectacular. We had a blast. Highly recommended!

Packraftingnz, Owner at Packrafting New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Hi Guys

Thanks a lot for the review and good to hear Andy is onto it :-).

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 April 2017

My partner and I did the Raft & Ramble excursion which starts roughly midway through the Waiau River (which features an iconic film location for all you LOTR fans out there) and ended up in the North-Eastern side of the Manapouri river.
The views are incredible and there is a mix of light rapids for the thrill-seeker and still waters to soak up the views as you drift along.
Arno is a fantastic guide and really knows his stuff when it comes to the Fjordlands and his passionate packrafting! He's always on the lookout and is very keen to make your adventure really feel adventurous!
If you get a choice of packraft when starting I'd highly recommend Lisa, she took me safely all the way and is a sturdy lass, my partner had Tildy who is quite a rapid lady for all those speedsters out there.
All in all an incredible experience and adventure, so much so that we will be back again soon!
Arno, thank you again for such an incredible time!

1  Thank Kaden F