Lowest prices for your stay
$253
Mirjam Morris
Great Stay
Review of Edgewater Motel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Nov 2020
This was a great place to stay the night before our Kepler track. The interior of the unit was very modern, clean, quiet and just perfect for what we needed. Staff were super helpful too. Would stay there again for sure. Very close to the main street with the restaurants and shops as well.
Date of stay: November 2020
  • Vio.com
    $113
0.3 km from Edgewater Motel
View more hotels in Te Anau
All reviews great location laundry facility clean rooms easy walk town centre across the road would stay again real journeys kepler track unit motel lake kitchenette accommodation tours nz host
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2020 via mobile

Great service and brand new recently renovated hotel inside brand new comfortable beds brand new bathrooms and kitchens warm definitely recommend to any one looking for accommodation friendly staff and fast wifi

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2020 via mobile

As a group of 11 people cycling Around the mountains track we were meant to be staying at Lumsden Hotel for 2 nights. The Operator had not done his job properly. He suggested I book 2 nights in Te Anua.
The Manager was excellent and gave us accomodation at a good price. She was very friendly and efficient. Also handy to Town and Lake.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Edgewater Manager, General Manager at Edgewater Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2020

Kia ora,
Thank you so much for your review, I was very happy to be able to help. Thank you so much for the review, it was a pleasure to host you and help where I could. I look forward when you next visit Te Anau, I am more than happy to help you to plan the next big adventure :)

Reviewed 12 March 2020 via mobile

While this motel looks rather modest, the rooms are well appointed and outfitted like a small apartment. The staff is very helpful but the office hours are limited. The location is good and as stated, by the lake.

Date of stay: March 2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us in Te Anau, I am pleased you were very happy with your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again next time you are in Te Anau.

Reviewed 28 February 2020

We received a very welcoming arrival, but first impressions were that the place did seem a bit old. However once we were in our room everything was absolutely fine, everything we needed was there and the place was super clean if very dated - everything worked and we had no issues with anything. Good location for everything and very quiet and peaceful.

Date of stay: February 2020

We look forward to welcoming you again next time you are in Te Anau.

Reviewed 23 February 2020

I read the "poor" and "terrible" reviews on TripAdvisor and noted that they were mostly done before the makeover of the units and rooms. I decided to give it a try and stayed there for 3 nights. I was not disappointed.

The unit given to me was nice and big with a full kitchenette, modern bathroom, comfortable bed and I felt completely at home. While the aircon unit is only in the living room (the bedroom has no aircon), the unit was comfortable and not stuffy. My unit was away from the main road and so I enjoyed a quiet and serene enivronment.

It is in a good location facing the lakefront and a short walk to the town centre. An ideal location for me because I can take a long walk along the lake in the morning and evening. This was most therapeutic and enjoyable.

I must commend the excellent service provided by Nichole at the front desk, who was extremely friendly and helpful. She was more than willing to assist when I asked her to help me make a few calls to re-confirm my transfers. Such a bubbly and cheerful girl who also offered me suggestions on good restaurants (and she was absolutely right!). I also met her boss, Danica, who was not only very friendly but extremely helpful, and was more than willing to help arrange gifts for her guests. Thank you very much, Nichole and Danica!

This is a place that I will come back to.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank cwSPORE

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us in Te Anau, I am pleased you were very happy with your stay and the level of service you received. We look forward to welcoming you again next time you are in Te Anau.