Village & Bays Tours - Stewart Island Experience
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews great tour informative commentary our tour guide extensive local knowledge national park hour tour kylie stops oban history island acquainted maori information overview insight parts
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

The tour is 1.5 hours and covers just about all of the islands roads. The tour guide was very informative and the tour was a great way to see a summary of things. Do this first in your trip to the island as you will get tips on things to do.

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

A great informative tour of all the high spots around Oban. One and a half hours in a comfortable bus. Plenty of photo stops. Highly informative commentary from our host driver. There we only the two of us on the bus this day but this did not deter our driver who gave us the full treatment, in fact I think we got a bit extra ! A must do experience when visiting Stewart Island.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Excellent local knowledge about Rakiura (Stewart Island). Our guide was wonderful. Highly recommended tiki tour around the island, it helped us orient ourselves and plan a walk over to Māori Beach.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

A comfortable bus, knowledgeable guide, an easy way to learn a little about the township. I'd have liked a little more opportunity to get to some more points around town such as the Presbyterian Church with its view over the bay. I loved the brief dip into the National Park- will need to return for more of a visit.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I would say it is a great thing to do and would rank it higher. But it should be done as almost a first thing and I did the tour 5 hours after I walked most of it. Other than that its a great way to learn what to do and resonably priced.