Village & Bays Tours - Stewart Island Experience
More Information

Ways to Experience Village & Bays Tours - Stewart Island Experience
from US$36.03
More Info
All reviews great tour photo opportunity national park real journeys driver visitors oban history island information introduction
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

A comfortable bus, knowledgeable guide, an easy way to learn a little about the township. I'd have liked a little more opportunity to get to some more points around town such as the Presbyterian Church with its view over the bay. I loved the brief dip into the National Park- will need to return for more of a visit.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I would say it is a great thing to do and would rank it higher. But it should be done as almost a first thing and I did the tour 5 hours after I walked most of it. Other than that its a great way to learn what to do and resonably priced.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 20 September 2016

This is a short mini- bus tour lasting about 90minutes and taking in some of the main viewpoints and introducing visitors to the trees, vegetation and birdlife of the area around Oban

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed 18 September 2016

My partner and myself did the Village and Bays tour in September. We were the only ones on the tour and we had Bevan guiding us trough Stewart Island in his little car. Bevan is an amazing guide, he told us all about the island and its community. Stewart Island is an amazing place. Thanks Bevan for making the trip so memorable!

Date of experience: September 2016
Real_Journeys, Guest Relations Manager at Village & Bays Tours - Stewart Island Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Thanks for your review. We're pleased to hear how much you enjoyed Bevan's company on your very own, personalised tour! We'll make sure your comments are passed on.
Regards, Stewart Island Experience.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

My partner, my mum and u did the Village and Bays Tour on June 11th. We were the only ones on the tour and had Kylie as our guide. What a rockstar! She was amazing. Her local knowledge was second to none, her family lineage traces back centuries and she is a true blue Stewart Island local.

She greeted us with a lovely Maori greeting and spoke about both the Maori and European history of the island. As pakeha, we felt honoured by her talk and the way she explained both our cultures histories.

Kylie had incredible knowledge of the bird and tree life, the seafood and all manner of life on the island - both past and present. She is a real credit to the company and an amazing guide. Thanks Kylie for making our trip so memorable!

Date of experience: June 2016