Stewart Island Ferry - Stewart Island Experience
Book In Advance
Tours from Stewart Island Ferry - Stewart Island Experience tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Stewart Island Ferry - Stewart Island Experience
from US$103.90
More Info
from US$59.60
More Info
All reviews foveaux strait both ways rough crossing return trip tea and coffee roller coaster wild ride rear deck sea legs hour crossing sea conditions motion sickness secure car park lucky with the weather pleasant trip efficient service great ride
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Lucky with the weather, all went to plan. Observed limited shelter if it did happen to be raining. Staff friendly .

Real_Journeys, Guest Relations Manager at Stewart Island Ferry - Stewart Island Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Hi there and thanks for the review. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Stewart Island.
Regards, the SIE team.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

I have to say that I was a little nervous about this trip. We were lucky and enjoyed good weather both ways - but I figured - if it was bad - it's only an hour. It's clear the staff know what they are doing and they do their best to make this trip as comfortable as possible. If you get a good day like we did - the views are incredible. Do it...it's the cheapest way t get to Stewart Island - plus you can take more than 15kg!

Hi there, thanks for the review. We're thrilled to see how excited you were to complete your trip when you were so nervous and to read how highly you rate our crew. We will be sure to pass your kind words onto the team.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Exceptional staff, friendly efficient service. Great bus and ferry service from Invercargill to Stewart Island.
Clean facilities.

Kia Ora and thanks for the amazing review.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Beacuse I suffer VERY badly from motion sickness, I was supposed to fly across but there was too much cloud cover. Only choice was the ferry and the staff were great. I sat at the back of the ferry and a staff member brought me a cold cloth for my neck. He popped his head out every 15 mins or so to check on me.
The trip wasn't terribly rough so I was fine & the scenery was wonderful

Real_Journeys, Guest Relations Manager at Stewart Island Ferry - Stewart Island Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Kia Ora Deb, thanks so much for taking the time to post this feedback. We are delighted you made the trip even though you suffer from motion sickeness. Stewart Island is a real gem and often missed by visitors to the south of New Zealand. We'll be sure to pass your kind words onto the team here. We trust you had a wonderful time on the island once you got here.
Kind regards, the team at Stewart Island Experience.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We were lucky enough to have smooth sailing both ways prefect weather. I took some sea sick pills just incase. We booked a return ticket for the same day 9.45am leaving bluff 5pm return but we finished our walks and stuff early and enquired if we could swap our return for 3.30pm with was no problem. Thanks guys. Great service.

Kia Ora and thanks for the review. We're delighted to receive this five star rating!
Kind regards, the team at Stewart Island Experience.