“Relaxing but Lacks Organisation ”

Onsen Hot Pools Retreat & Day Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: While Queenstown is generally done at full pace, Onsen Hot Pools takes a step back to let you take in the beauty of the surroundings and simply relax. With uninterrupted views across the Shotover Canyon, our Cedar Hot Tubs are heated to 37.8C on warmer days and up to 39.8C during the winter and can accommodate up to four adults. Our natural setting is matched by the pure water captured on its endless journey between the sky and earth to continually fill and refresh the pools. With complimentary transport to and from Queenstown, Onsen Hot Pools is relaxation the natural way.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

I booked a pool threee months before arriving in Queenstown and had a number of people recommend I go also.
My husband and I arrived at the pools 20 min before our booking and were told that somebody would come and get us when our pool was ready. Nobody had come to collect us and we had to go and ask one of the girls at reception what was going on. When we did it seemed like they had forgotten us and they were hurrying around trying to get everything prepared (at this point we were running ten min late). I would of given this place a higher rating but I felt like another number. I thought there would have been more organisation seeing as though i had booked it three months in advance.

OnsenQueenstownNZ, General Manager at Onsen Hot Pools Retreat & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Hi SofiaL2006,

Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know we dropped the ball. Our goal is customer satisfaction and we clearly failed to deliver.

From the moment you walk into our business it is our responsibility to give you the best possible experience and deliver what we promised.

We have addressed the issue internally and have rolled out training to ensure it does not happen again. Please know that your situation was an exception and we won't allow for repeats.

It is thanks to feedback like yours that we can tackle issues that may impact our most valuable asset; our customers.

Please allow us an opportunity to make amends and receive our most sincere apologies.

You can contact me directly at custservice@onsen.co.nz or by calling us on our main telephone.

Thanks again for your honest feedback,

Jess Reavley

Customer Service Manager

There are newer reviews for Onsen Hot Pools Retreat & Day Spa

Reviewed 16 March 2017

My partner and I came here on our final night. It was the perfect way to unwind after an adventure filled holiday! Although it was an overcast night the views are still amazing and relaxing. Both my partner and I felt really relaxed after this experience. Highly highly recommend!

Hi Beccajanexo,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our service.

It is good to hear that we were all you expected and more. It is because of feedback like yours that we are able to confirm that we are heading in the right direction.

Thanks again for such high marks, we're really glad you enjoyed your time with us!

We hope to see you again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

My sister and I came here, as the result of a change of plans. It was easy to book online and the staff were friendly and professional. We loved our own private tub with amazing views, can't think of a better way to spend an hour. We have both said we will be back.

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our business.

Our staff is constantly hard at work finding ways to exceed customer's expectations and provide seamless service.

We are so glad our efforts are paying off and you had the opportunity to experience superior service.

Thanks again for giving us a pat on the back!

Reviewed 15 March 2017

During a visit to Queenstown for our 25th Wedding Anniversary, my wife and I visited the Hot Pools. Being able to open the roof and sit looking out over the valley as the sun set was one of the best experiences of our trip. The setting was great, the staff were very accommodating even giving us ice creams due to the pool not being available when we arrived. I would recommend paying a visit to anyone visiting Queenstown.

Hello, paulmcdougall,

We are so glad to hear you had a superior experience when visiting Onsen,
Our common goal is to constantly strive to deliver the most unique spa experience we can.

Your review serves as a confirmation to all of us that our efforts here are making a difference.

Thanks again for taking the time to write up your experience with us.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We were a group of 14 girls on a hens weekend and started our trip with a visit to Onsen, wow! We booked 4 pools and it was the most perfect way to start our weekend. We ordered the $12.50 package that included a wine, chips and a towel and sat back and watched the shotover jet pass by.

TIP- arrive early as it takes a while to process your drink & food order, but probably because we were such a large group.

1  Thank SMITIA

WOW! We can't begin to tell you how nice it is to hear words of encouragement appreciation and praise.

We are so delighted to hear that your purchase exceeded your expectations, and hope that we helped create special memories on your hens weekend!

Thanks again for giving us such high marks!