“Awesome Experience”

Onsen Hot Pools Retreat & Day Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: While Queenstown is generally done at full pace, Onsen Hot Pools takes a step back to let you take in the beauty of the surroundings and simply relax. With uninterrupted views across the Shotover Canyon, our Cedar Hot Tubs are heated to 37.8C on warmer days and up to 39.8C during the winter and can accommodate up to four adults. Our natural setting is matched by the pure water captured on its endless journey between the sky and earth to continually fill and refresh the pools. With complimentary transport to and from Queenstown, Onsen Hot Pools is relaxation the natural way.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 15 March 2017

During a visit to Queenstown for our 25th Wedding Anniversary, my wife and I visited the Hot Pools. Being able to open the roof and sit looking out over the valley as the sun set was one of the best experiences of our trip. The setting was great, the staff were very accommodating even giving us ice creams due to the pool not being available when we arrived. I would recommend paying a visit to anyone visiting Queenstown.

OnsenQueenstownNZ, General Manager at Onsen Hot Pools Retreat & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Hello, paulmcdougall,

We are so glad to hear you had a superior experience when visiting Onsen,
Our common goal is to constantly strive to deliver the most unique spa experience we can.

Your review serves as a confirmation to all of us that our efforts here are making a difference.

Thanks again for taking the time to write up your experience with us.

There are newer reviews for Onsen Hot Pools Retreat & Day Spa

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We were a group of 14 girls on a hens weekend and started our trip with a visit to Onsen, wow! We booked 4 pools and it was the most perfect way to start our weekend. We ordered the $12.50 package that included a wine, chips and a towel and sat back and watched the shotover jet pass by.

TIP- arrive early as it takes a while to process your drink & food order, but probably because we were such a large group.

1  Thank SMITIA

WOW! We can't begin to tell you how nice it is to hear words of encouragement appreciation and praise.

We are so delighted to hear that your purchase exceeded your expectations, and hope that we helped create special memories on your hens weekend!

Thanks again for giving us such high marks!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

So relaxing, spas were at the perfect temperature, staff were friendly, amazing views as well, get to watch the shot over jet as well during the day!

1  Thank Crystal E

Hi Crystal E,

We are so delighted you took the time to try us.
We are even more delighted that we were able to be all that you expected us to be.

Online feedback is precious to us and we are thankful you took the time to let us know about your experience with us. We hope you had an amazing Honeymoon.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Came here for my 30th birthday and was a nice way to end a hike, the hour went fast and it was very relaxing, I loved it! I would have given it 5 stars however my partner who booked it was very disappointed as he'd booked a special package with birthday letters and aromatherapy burners that we did not get, he had been emailed pictures of what it would look like and although it looked lovely it did not look as nice as the picture, also when he booked a selection of chocolates I think he thought we would have a tray of chocs rather than a chocolate bar. It was a lovely experience, I just think he felt like he was slightly mislead.
Thanks for a lovely birthday :)

OnsenQueenstownNZ, General Manager at Onsen Hot Pools Retreat & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Hi Cindy B, We are sad to hear things did not go as expected.

We are always hard at work to make sure our team delivers on our promises and every customer has a positive experience. Lack of focus and carelessness is not what we are known for. We are sorry your experience was not reflective of what was sent over via email.

Please receive my most sincere apologies for this matter and know that I am looking into the issue.

Please contact me personally via email at custservice@onsen.co.nz I would love to talk to you and find a way to resolve this problem to your satisfaction.

Thanks again for your honest feedback,

Jess Reavley

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I and I were recommended Onsen Hot pools for our 3 night stay in Queenstown.

We were lucky enough to book for Valentine's Day.
Collected on time in Queenstown, lovely drive to the pools.
Very attentive staff.
We loved every second.
Top class spa. Loved the bubbly and chocolate.
So relaxing and tranquil.
100% recommended.

Thank you Donna-Marie L for giving us such high marks.

We are constantly hard at work to deliver the best possible experience, We believe the only way for us to deliver first class service and experiences is by knowing what our customers love best and that can only be achieved through feedback like yours.

We're so glad we were able to help create such a special and memorable Valentine's Day.