“Very relaxing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Onsen Hot Pools

Onsen Hot Pools
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: While Queenstown is generally done at full pace, Onsen Hot Pools takes a step back to let you take in the beauty of the surroundings and simply relax. With uninterrupted views across the Shotover Canyon, our Cedar Hot Tubs are heated to 37.8C on warmer days and up to 39.8C during the winter and can accommodate up to four adults. Our natural setting is matched by the pure water captured on its endless journey between the sky and earth to continually fill and refresh the pools. With complimentary transport to and from Queenstown, Onsen Hot Pools is relaxation the natural way.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage
Banff, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Very relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Came here for my 30th birthday and was a nice way to end a hike, the hour went fast and it was very relaxing, I loved it! I would have given it 5 stars however my partner who booked it was very disappointed as he'd booked a special package with birthday letters and aromatherapy burners that we did not get, he had been emailed pictures of what it would look like and although it looked lovely it did not look as nice as the picture, also when he booked a selection of chocolates I think he thought we would have a tray of chocs rather than a chocolate bar. It was a lovely experience, I just think he felt like he was slightly mislead.
Thanks for a lovely birthday :)

Visited March 2017
OnsenQueenstownNZ, General Manager at Onsen Hot Pools, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Cindy B, We are sad to hear things did not go as expected.

We are always hard at work to make sure our team delivers on our promises and every customer has a positive experience. Lack of focus and carelessness is not what we are known for. We are sorry your experience was not reflective of what was sent over via email.

Please receive my most sincere apologies for this matter and know that I am looking into the issue.

Please contact me personally via email at custservice@onsen.co.nz I would love to talk to you and find a way to resolve this problem to your satisfaction.

Thanks again for your honest feedback,

Jess Reavley

• Korean first
Knutsford, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Just perfect 💖”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I and I were recommended Onsen Hot pools for our 3 night stay in Queenstown.

We were lucky enough to book for Valentine's Day.
Collected on time in Queenstown, lovely drive to the pools.
Very attentive staff.
We loved every second.
Top class spa. Loved the bubbly and chocolate.
So relaxing and tranquil.
100% recommended.

Visited March 2017
Thank you Donna-Marie L for giving us such high marks.

We are constantly hard at work to deliver the best possible experience, We believe the only way for us to deliver first class service and experiences is by knowing what our customers love best and that can only be achieved through feedback like yours.

We're so glad we were able to help create such a special and memorable Valentine's Day.

Sydney, Australia
11 attraction reviews
“Sunset Soaker”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My partner and I visited Onsen on a Saturday evening - WOW! The view from the pools is spectacular & the staff were friendly & accommodating. We opted for a snacks package which included a glass of sparkling wine & icecream & although a little overpriced, it definitely added to the experience. The space was very clean & well maintained & the pools are pretty damn hot! My only complaint is that the only way to cool the water down is a jet of cold water that shoots out of the ceiling directly into the spa - but we loved it & highly recommend it, it was super relaxing & a great way to wrap up our time in Queenstown.

Visited February 2017
Hi peteyreid,

We are ever so grateful for your review, and thanks for giving us such high marks!

We are constantly hard at work doing everything we can to deliver high quality experiences to every one of our customers. It is thanks to customers like you taking the time to tell us what we are doing right that we are able to constantly strive for excellence.

You are able request a temperature change at reception if it is required, we find the over-head water feature to be a little more thrilling!

It is good to know that our team exceeded your expectations and made your experience memorable.

Thanks again for your visit, we hope to see you soon!

Wollongong, Australia
“A must do in Queenstown!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is beautiful! The rooms are beautiful and very private. I wish I went again. You are given the opportunity to have drinks and snacks. I don't think they could improve on anything!

jmwhite2017,

We are ever so grateful for your review!

Your words of encouragement and your assessment of our services make us deeply proud of what we are doing. It is great to hear that we were all you expected and more!

Thanks for visiting, we hope to see you again soon

Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved it! Couldn't stop taking pictures!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The landscape is beautiful as is the ambiance created by the wonderful staff. The pools are perfectly warmed. I highly recommend.

Visited February 2017
MichG10,

We are so grateful for your feedback!

We recognise that at the core a business is about people. With that in mind we are always on the lookout for staff that is passionate about what they do. It is great to know that we were able to provide you with the highest levels of service.

We hope to see you again.