Ways to Experience Milford Sound BBQ Bus
from US$134.10
More Info
from US$161.61
More Info
All reviews small bus small group milford sound day trip te anau big tour buses large coach new zealand lamb kebab boat tour driver guide fiordland national park comfortable bus homer tunnel intimate experience mirror lake photo opportunities
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Heavenly trip, Lovely experience , guide was excellent and the BBQ along the way was awesome and delicious . Stops on the way were Remarkable.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

I can not recommend the BBQ bus highly enough. Graham was our driver & we absolutely had the best day. We have done Milford Sound with a different bus co but the Bbq leaves it in the dust. Graham was very knowledgeable & most importantly entertaining & a safe driver. The weather was all over the place from light rain to snow to heavy rain & even hail whilst on the cruise. Bbq lunch was great. We got to enjoy the long trip in comfort & appreciate the pick up & drop off from the hotel. If you are considering Milford Sound do yourself a favour & go with these guys.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 27 July 2018

Graham is a wonderful ambassador for New Zealand. His passion for the wildlife is admirable and he made the long 4 hour bus trip to Milford Sound enjoyable and interesting. Our day was overcast but that didn't detract from the wonderful experience of being out on the Sound and having a wonderful time. Lunch was a combination of lamb or chicken skewers, beef sausages and 2 different salads - not gourmet but simple hearty food that hit the spot. I'm so glad I opted for this smaller tour as it felt far more intimate and friendly. I'm also glad I decided against driving to Milford Sound in a rent a car as the drive is extremely long. At the end of the day, I was glad to let Graham take the wheel so I could sit back and chat amongst my new friends. Words can't do justice to the awesome views that constitute Milford Sound - so glad I happened upon this company to help me cross off my bucket list!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We were picked up at sparrows fart for this tour and although it was a long day, it was definitely worth it. Our Driver Rob was both informative and entertaining. He also cooked up a mean BBQ lunch for everyone too. They were plenty of stops along the way to take in the spectacular sights and the trip through the Homer Tunnel (1.2 km’s) was a unique experience. Then the actual Milford Sound cruise was unbelievable, from the spectacular scenery, the amazing wildlife and the onboard commentary the whole experience was amazing. You cannot afford to miss this sensational tour on the BBQ Bus as it’s more intimate than the bigger tours and highly enjoyable. A great big thanks to Rob for making our trip a memorable one. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: January 2018
AndyBBQBusNZ, Front Office Manager at Milford Sound BBQ Bus, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Kia ora Christopher!

Sounds like you had a wonderful day to Milford Sound despite the early start! I'll be sure to pass your thanks on to Rob.

Kind regards,
Andrew
The BBQ Bus

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

This is a 5-hour ride both ways to and from Milford Sound. On time pick up from Frankton Rd, Queenstown. Highly entertaining driver and tour guide (who also prepared our lunch onboard the boat during the Milford Sound Cruise). The small bus makes for a small group resulting to a little more cozy atmosphere. And yes, there was BBQ lunch. :)

Date of experience: May 2018

Kia ora Bernadette,

Thank you for your honest and kind review!

The BBQ Bus Team