“Decent food, with a great view”

Public Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #59 of 285 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The newest offering by acclaimed restaurant group Wai Dining, Public Kitchen and Bar is now open on the Steamer Wharf. Offering exceptional local cuisine Public Kitchen is all about local produce caught in the hills or farmed down the road or caught off the coast. The closest restaurant to the lake the outdoor terrace is a must dining option to take in the views and enjoy the exceptional sharing dishes on offer. Open daily from 9 am for Breakfast, lunch, bar grazing, drinks and dinner. Open Everyday from Midday till late
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is right on the lake front; offering great views across it and towards the mountains. Superb friendly wait staff; Alix and Cameron. I opted for the Trumpeter fish and potatoes. Good food at a reasonable price. I would recommend this place for an evening meal while in Queenstown.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

So tasty. Alex the waitress taught us how to share. Great food and excellent attentive and good humoured service.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Alex was amazing and the food was awesome. I wood have to say after many years of coming to Qtown this wood have to one of the best and the best value!!!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I came here solo, looking for a great meal with a view before flying out of Queenstown. I sat down and immediately told my server I had to leave in 40 minutes to make my airport transfer. I was told this was no problem and ordered.

35 minutes later I had to ask to cancel my order and pay for the drink I ordered. The kitchen was mad. They demanded I pay for my order and take it to go because the food almost done. I explained I wouldn’t have anytime to eat and let them know before ordering about my time constraints.

The sever who I worked with was very understanding and tried to make the best of my situation. Due to being hungry and in a rush, I ended up agreeing to pay a discounted rate for my food to go.

The lemon thyme chicken and couscous on the ride to the airport were ok, but not worth the wait. I wouldn’t come back for food. The view from the outside deck was good.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Wife and I had lunch here, nice setting on the water front. They had a burger and drink combo special for NZ$12. I had the pork and apple burger which was pleasant but nothing special. It also came just on its own with no fries which was a shame. My wife ordered something from the main lunch menu and thought it was average.