“Great food, beer and service.”
Review of Speights Ale House

Speights Ale House
Ranked #70 of 296 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$0 - US$22
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2018

Ate here recently and was impressed.
Speights had been recommended to us as a place to get good beer and above average pub grub and it didn't disappoint.
We enjoyed nice meals of lamb and burger with trimmings.
The service was excellent and the staff very chatty and pleasant.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 24 December 2018 via mobile

As a returning customer I was surprised to see the last couple of reviews were poor.
Myself and a large group of friends staying in Queenstown decided to stay safe with what we know and went to speights for dinner and some drinks. We did not book and even as a large group the staff done amazingly to fit us in on their busy night. The food was great and as a vegetarian they had plenty of choices. The veggie parcel was amazing and my friends had a range of lamb dishes which went down a treat, as well as a superb platter to start.
Great food, atmosphere and overall service. Roll on 2019 so we can return.

Reviewed 20 December 2018

I went to this restaurant for lunch. There was only two other tables occupied and these parties had finished their food and were being served hot drinks as I was seated. Wait staff said they would be back with water while I looked at the menu. The waitress never returned. 15 minutes later I got some attention but by that time I didn't have enough time to wait for the food which I was told would take another 20 minutes to half an hour to be served which meant that due to an appointment I was unable to commit this time.

Reviewed 13 December 2018 via mobile

Taken to a table straight away. Given water and order was taken. After 30minutes wait I asked for more water and when our starter bread was coming. After an additional 15minute wait we left.

Table that ordered after us got their bread faster than us. Felt like we were ignored... would comment on the food but were too hungry to wait around.

Reviewed 7 December 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely lunch at Speights. For $15 I got a steak, chips snyummy salad - very good portion size and really tasty. Customer service was great too and a lovely atmosphere! Thank you