“Typical ale house”

Price range: US$0 - US$22
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2018

As you’d expect, usual grills steaks etc and speights beer. No surprises here. Servings good size. Would be nice if had some smaller plates when you’re not hungry and happy hour deals like other places.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Had dinner with 2 young children. Great menu options for all the family with a kids menu. All the Speights beer varieties. Staff were awesome with service and kids. Recommend the lamb shanks!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

The food is always great. The cheese bread, excellent. I have had a wine there and found it a little sweet, and with the excellent service, they have replaced it with another wine. Lovely staff.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

A mate at work who knew I was heading to Queenstown said I had to go here for a beer, so there I went and had a beer or two just to please him. No, he said it was a good a place and to try it. I was happy I did.
The place was very busy when I went in. Service was fairly quick at the bar. The beers I tried were all nice. Patrons were nice and had a good chat with a some people I met. It was a nice cosy warm atmosphere.
I did not eat here but would like come back next time i'm in Q'Town and have a meal here.
The menu looked OK and the food on the tables looked lovely and hearty.
Try here for a beer.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Speights has a few good beers available at decent prices. We had dinner there and enjoyed the food. It’s pub style food and one of the cheaper places in Queenstown to eat. Meals are around the $20 mark and beers $6-9 depending on size. It was easy to get a table, though we were there pretty early (6:30pm). It’s a good place for a social meal with family or friends.