“Only had hot chocolate at the bar area”

Stratosfare Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #42 of 264 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$30 - US$44
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located high above Queenstown with panoramic views of Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables mountain range, Skyline Queenstown's restaurant is one of the most popular dining experiences in New Zealand - catering for up to 620 guests each night. Chef and guest interaction is one of the highlights of the Stratosfare redevelopment. Guests are able to watch as Stratosfare's expert chefs prepare dishes using some of New Zealand's finest produce at interactive cooking stations. Further enhancing the overall guest experience is the inclusion of a mussel bar, where New Zealand green-lipped mussels are served hot to diners. A central feature of Stratosfare is a purpose-built rotisserie oven where guests can see locally-sourced chicken, beef and lamb cooked before their eyes. A tempting dessert display featuring a vast array of decadent sweet treats is the perfect end to a dining experience. Lunch open from 12.00Pm until 2.00Pm. Dinner reservations available: Early sitting from 5.45Pm till 6.30Pm (tables must be vacated by 7.45Pm) Late sitting from 8.15Pm to 8.45Pm (no time limit) Contact
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

incredible views from on top of the mountain. you take the skyway ride to het here.
BTW service and the chocolate were great

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Took my nieces here with me it was okay. The food was pretty standard and I wasn’t expecting anything to grand either. I think the main reason for why people go here is that the view is absolutely beautiful. I can’t explain in words:

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I had the WORST dining experience ever at the Skyline Queenstown. I paid for two “Premium Dining” only to be shouted and humiliated by the customer servicing person at the food counter. When I started dining, I went to the counter where there was chicken, pork sausages and venison. I firstly used the serving tongs to pick up some pork sausages and put on my plate. After a long day of flights and travelling I simply forgot to put down the tongs in my hand and moved on to the next serving of venison right by the pork sausages - I didn’t even start using the same tongs to pick up the venison yet and this lady at the counter simply GRABBED the tongs from my hand and yelled at me: “EXCUSE ME! THIS IS FOR THE PORK, NOT FOR THE VENISON!!!” right in front of other customers and her workmates at the counter. I was so shocked and speechless... This is the first time I was ever shouted at and scolded at by a customer services person in a restaurant! I felt so humiliated... It just ruined my first day of holiday in Queenstown. What makes a customer services person think that she can treat her customer this way???? Was she trained by Skyline Restaurant to treat customers in this manner???? She could have politely reminded me about putting down the tongs and change to another one – it’s not like I was deliberately trying to sabotage the food. I went for “premium dining”, not to have a terrible dining experience. I didn't enjoy the food either. For example, the prawns didn’t taste fresh and were overcooked. I will not be visiting Skyline Queenstown again and will definitely be sharing my terrible dining experience to my friends – they can just pay for the gondola to enjoy the view.

1  Thank Jaslyn D
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Everyone was accomodating. The food was fabulous. Don't miss the Crème brûlée!

We had lunch for our anniversary treat and it was so good we had to do it again the next day for dinner!

Kudos to the hard working and friendly staff!

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

While the view is undisputedly amazing, the food is a bit of a let down for the price. Thank goodness the sweet treats section can redeem the mediocre buffet. The buffet do have some varieties. We quite enjoy the pork belly and monk fish. But dumplings, din sums, roast chicken are nothing special. The sweet treat sections really make up for it. The creme brulle was fantastic. Kiwi pavlova to die for. And the panna cotta was yum.