“Nice food. Kids eat free from kids menu”

MacKenzies Restaurant @ The Heritage Hotel Queenstown
Ranked #106 of 273 Restaurants in Queenstown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Had dinner one night. Nice food and pretty good friendly service. Worth a try. Limited menu but good options.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Had lunch and breakfast, staff were great and service was nice and quick. Look forward to going back sometime for an evening meal.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

While waiting for my room to be made up, I decided I needed some lunch after a long day traveling. I decided to try the MacKenzies restaurant at The Heritage. It is decent. The host was very helpful in seating me and making sure I was comfortable. She gave me a decent interval to look at the menu and then came back to take my order (off-season, mid-afternoon, not a lot of staff). The "lunch" selection was limited, but it all sounded nice (note, the lunch menu I saw basically was the same as the "starters" menu for dinner). Ordered pasta. The surprising thing was that the restaurant wasn't particularly busy when I was there (one other table and they were served about five minutes after I sat down); but the kitchen (it is an open kitchen area) was more interested in setting up for dinner and socializing, so my food took a while to arrive. It was hot and tasty, but even for a pasta dish it took a lot longer than necessary. But, other than the wait, I enjoyed the restaurant; and if you are staying at the hotel and don't want to go in to town to eat, then I would say you would do fine here.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

We had booked as information in our room said bookings were essential, however the restaurant was quiet with diners at only 3 other tables. We were welcomed by service staff and seated immediately. Drinks were offered straight away and the menu and specials given. The menu offered a good selection - though not extensive - and enticed. Staff were happy for us to order one course at a time as we progressed through the menu. Only managed 2 courses each - however all of the food was beautifully cooked and presented. My husband had smoked salmon entree followed by pork belly main. I had pork belly entree and the fish special - which was outstanding. We both loved our meals and enjoyed a lovely bottle of Central Otago Pinot Gris with it. A little pricey but well worth it. Would highly recommend you give it a try.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Our experience at this restaurant redeemed our stay at the Heritage. We were 'wowed' by the lamb shoulder (best we've ever eaten - tender and flavoursome) and dessert (baklava). The pork belly was crunchy and well-cooked, but seriously, order the lamb, it's amazing. Attentive and friendly service. Best quality/priced house wines I have seen anywhere - NZ$7 during happy hour (5-7pm). We recommend the house chardonnay. Great choice for dinner if you are staying at the Heritage - bit of a hike if you are in town.