“Very expensive for a chinesse restaurant”

Lakeside Palace Chinese Restaurant
Reserve a table
Ranked #157 of 264 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant on our previous visit because it was fully reccomended by the hotel we stayed in, we visited this restaurant again on this visit. The price has changed drastically thus it is beter for you to go to a fine dining restaurant as they almost cost the same, of course if you still prefer to have chinesse then this might be the place to go in Queenstown. If you are travelling north then I would suggest you to go to the chinesse restaurant when you are in dunedin or christchurch. They are nicer and less expensive. The food still tasted the same as I remebered it from our previous visit, however the change in price will make this restaurant the least favourable place to go when you have soo many other restaurants to choose in queenstown.

Date of visit: April 2016
Write a reviewReviews (196)

Reviewed 6 April 2016

I bought the chicken and almonds and egg fried rice as a takeaway.

The restaurant is upstairs, very dated and downmarket. Shades of what Chinese restaurants were in the 1960's.

The food was bland and uninviting.

We will not be .using this establishment again.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 1 April 2016

This restaurant was highly recommended by a local as the best Chinese Restaurant to go to . Good service , great meals .

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 23 February 2016

I had dinner on 19/2 together with other 4 friends. We have ordered fish and shrimp. The fish is considered fresh but over price. In addition, shrimp is not fresh and expensive. We also ordered two veges. It come out very samll serving and the broccoli is not cooked properly. We have to wait a lenthly of time before the food is serverd.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

My husband and I had made our journey back from a lovely day at Milford sound. We decided to go for dinner in queenstown, We picked this place because we love asian food however when we received our rice and our beef stir fry, it was cold!! I actually sent the stir fry back to the kitchen. They attempted to reheat the dish but it was still just Luke warm at best at $38.00 a pop! The cold rice was $12.00. I had a wonton soup which was nice tasting and hot so that was a bonus. It had one piece of broccoli in it. Service was average and overall experience terrible. We paid and left basically our entire meal there and no one even asked us how our meals were or why we left it all behind. Do not go here! In my opinion worst Chinese ever, it was disgusting to eat cold food!

Date of visit: February 2016