“Beachside breakfast was wonderful!”

The Bathhouse Cafe, Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 297 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$3 - US$31
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Bathhouse restaurant is a historical gem from 1911; its regal crown-like architecture is like nothing else in Queenstown. You’ll find us right on the beach along Marine Parade, with a sunny deck overlooking Lake Wakatipu and a nearby playground so you can keep any eye on the kids while you relax. A cosy fire will keep you toasty inside in Winter as you sip on hot Mt Rosa mulled wine, or cool down with a crisp local wine or beer in Summer (before you take a dip in the lake?!). We’re open for breakfast, fresh scones, lunch, coffee (including takeaway), and sharing platters and diner
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed at the Novotel Queenstown Lakeside, which is just across the sidewalk from this Bathhouse Café, so this was a natural place for breakfast. The restaurant has indoor and outside seating. The building is small-ish, and sits directly on the beach, just off the sidewalk from a nearby playground. Since the morning was spectacularly clear and crisp, we chose to eat on the deck, facing the lake. What a setting it was!

The wait staff were very friendly, and accommodating. Although there were only two of us, the hostess graciously sat us at a six-person table that was in the shade, yet facing the water.

The food was excellent, as was the coffee. Given the location, the quality, and the service, the price was very fair.

I did a lot of research on QT before we went, but I do not remember reading anything about this restaurant. Had we not been staying in the hotel next door, we might not have seen this place. That said, we would have been missing out! Do yourself a favor, and take at least one morning's breakfast (or just a cup of coffee) here at that Bathhouse Café.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food was delicious, the view and people watching for a solo traveller fabulous and the staff lovely and friendly - highly recommend

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fabulous sat on the gravel beach of the lake!taking in the majestic view! Drinking cold beer watching the world go by!!we ate cold meat platterand cheeses which was really nice!the waiter service was good!they were in no rush!!though I will say you probaby need to book a table!! We were lucky!!but lots of people came after and we're turned away !!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited New Zealand for 2 weeks, and Bathhouse’s dishes are the best so far!

Food:
-Slow cooked lamb shoulder! MUST TRY! the lamb was so tender & juicy! Just love the dishes so much! I usually do not eat lamb, but this dish totally change my mind towards lamb. Really the best dish!

-Slow braise beef cheek! Also taste so good! The beef was perfectly cooked to medium and it was crispy on the outside while juicy and tender inside!

-Fish of the day! Taste great & perfectly cooked again! And the sauce just right!

The presentation was so good & portion is generous! Highly recommend this restaurant!

Staff were helpful & friendly as well. I booked a table outside originally, however, the weather was so bad & it kept raining for the whole day, the staff helped me reserve a table inside the restaurant instead. And they told me: we’ve got you covered! Everything just right here!

Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

Stopped by for a coffee and caramel oat slice (10/10 would recommend). Friendly staff and a great view of the lake