“Better.....late”

Captains Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 285 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, New Zealand, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Went for anniversary dinner. We were seated as per reservations. Drinks served soon. Ordered mains which took ages to come. But they compensated us with free desert. Food was good. Crayfish was not worth 100 bucks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Was in last week for a quick Lunch, had the Chowder, it was OK, just lacked a bit of flavour, taste ? It was served very quickly, unfortunately it was warm and part of the plate was cold. The service was very good, reasonable selection of drinks. Prices, well its Queenstown. In saying that the chowder was well priced.Will now try the chowder at few of the other nearby places, just to compare. Would I dine here again, yes.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

There's one big reason to come to Captains - the lamb! The rack of lamb was absolutely the most delicious lamb I've ever had. I'm so glad I ordered it. When we arrived, I was having a hard time deciding between the lamb and the fish. The server said, "see all those awards up there, they are for the lamb." That sold me. I don't know what they do to the lamb, but I sucked each bone dry. I even had it served gluten free "without the crust" and it was still heaven. If you want the best lamb in New Zealand, or anywhere, go here!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Possibly the best meal I've ever eaten. We went to Botswana Butchery (overrated!) and Captains was heaps better

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I reckon its one of the best restaurants in Queenstown. Food is incredible and friendly staff, especially the Irish lady, I think her name was Kelly. As a group we had a great time. Its our no.1 place in Queenstown.