“Midford Sound and Middle Earth Waterfalls heli tour should be on everyone's bucket list!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alpine Adventures

Alpine Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
US$1,297.42*
and up
Milford Sound Cruise and Helicopter Flight including Scenic Landings from...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Alpine Adventures creates unforgettable customised luxury adventures with a private guide for people who dream big and demand the best. Owner/head guide Mark Dewsbery will show you the most stunningly beautiful and remote places such as Fiordland/Milford, Mt. Cook, Wanaka or Glenorchy - just to name a few - in a way you simply couldn't experience on your own. Day tours available from Queenstown or let us help you arrange longer trips throughout the South Island.
Singapore, Singapore
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2016

This tour is one of the most impressive things we have done in our lives. If I was going to do only one thing in NZ, this would be it. You get to enjoy the majestic beauty of the place and it's diversity in one afternoon.

In summary, this is why I would book with Alpine Adventures:

1. Earnslaw Burn - the highlight of our trip to NZ and an exclusive to Alpine Adventures.
2. Away from the flocks of tourists - Mark does a great job to take you away from the crowds as much as it is possible.
3. Lunch - great food in spectacular settings for both our picnic and box lunch at the lake.
4. Greatly organized - you don't have to think of what you want to see, Alpine Adventures knows where to take you and shows you what are truly jewels of NZ. You can just relax and enjoy... no research necessary.
5. You get to learn about NZ and it's people from a local. You hear stories that are interesting and facts about NZ.
6. Helicopter is more likely to get you to Milford Sound over plane in case the weather is not the best. Helicopter trips are less likely to get canceled. Plus you will be able to make stops you can't make on a plane.

Alpine Adventures puts great effort to give you a more private look at NZ. Thank you Mark, we loved our time in Queenstown and surrounding areas.

Visited February 2016
Mark D, Owner at Alpine Adventures, responded to this review, 29 February 2016
Thanks for the kind words Gabriela, it was great day out with you and your family, hope to see you all down this way again.

All the very best, Mark :)

White Plains, New York
“Two Days of Experience in New Zealand with Alpine Adventures”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2016

My wife and I spent several days on the south island of New Zealand earlier this month. In advance we had booked two days of touring with Alpine Adventures. One day we went tramping (what they call walking on a hiking trail in New Zealand) for 10 miles on the Routeburn Trail which was very enjoyable. The other day we flew on a small plane to Milford Sound for a boat ride. That was also a very enjoyable day. The reason why I bothered to write this review is because Mark Dewsbery, the owner of Alpine Adventures, went to great trouble to insure that we were able to experience these tours even though the weather conditions were variable most days that we were in New Zealand. I highly recommend Alpine Adventures because of their excellent personal service.

Visited January 2016
Mark D, Owner at Alpine Adventures, responded to this review, 25 January 2016
Thanks for the kind words Sanford, it was a lot of juggling around with your itinerary but I'm glad you managed to see the parts of NZ you and Alyce were most looking forward too!
All the very best for 2016 and we hope to see you both down this way again :)
Chicago, Illinois
“LOTR Waterfall Hike, but so much more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2016

We were looking for an essential NZ experience, with a local guide, where we wouldn't see a lot of other people and just drink in the amazing scenery. Bingo! Mark delivered in all aspects and we came home with something we won't soon forget. Whether you are a LOTR fan or not, this hike hits all the highlights; stunning landscapes as you head up the valley, small waterfalls, big waterfalls and LOTR's waterfalls, glaciers and a grassland field tailor-made for lunch. As a professional guide, Mark is capable, clearly loves the outdoors, is knowledgable about nature and what we're seeing and walking on and offers a well organized experience. He is low key but we were able to pry some pretty fantastic LOTR stories from his personal experiences which thrilled the LOTR geeks in our group. We felt safe and in good hands at all times. Next time I would love to "tramp" and camp with Mark and his dog. Stop researching and book something with him!

Visited December 2015
Mark D, Owner at Alpine Adventures, responded to this review, 15 January 2016
Thanks Barb and Happy New Year!
It was a great day indeed, you guys were great company and you got to see the waterfalls at their best :) Say Hi to everyone for me and I hope to see you all down this way again soon.
Indiana
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“First class company!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

My husband and I (mid 50s) and kids (mid 20s) contacted Mark a few months prior to our trip. We laid out what interests were, activity level we wanted and he tailored 2 days worth of activities for us. In addition he had other suggestions of what we could do in Queenstown. He is also able to help with accommodations. Our first day was with his assistant Adida. She did an amazing job! We did a Rob Roy glacier hike among other activities. Very challenging but well worth it when we got to the top. The drive to the park and the scenery within the park were those that you only see in magazines. New Zealand is a magical place! All of the people there are friendly, attentive and the service is impeccable! Mark and company did not disappoint! Personalized, tailored trip for only your group!! We will be back!!

Visited December 2015
Mark D, Owner at Alpine Adventures, responded to this review, 19 December 2015
Thanks for the kind words Ronda, what a neat family you guys are, very much enjoyed the time spent with you guys hope to see you back down this way again.
Say hi to the rest of the gang from me, all the best for the new year. :)
United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Amazing Two Days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

I spent two days with Mark during my stay in Queenstown and would highly recommend Alpine Adventures. I contacted Mark when initially planning my trip to Queenstown and he assisted me with creating a custom two day itinerary which allowed me to see the highlights of Queenstown and the surrounding area, including a trip to Milford Sound and a ride on the Dart River jet boat, both of which were amazing experiences. The 3.5 hour trip down and back to Milford Sound seemed like it took half the time in his comfortable Land Rover. He's an excellent driver who can navigate the winding mountain roads with no problem and you will always feel safe. He's also someone you want to be with when exploring the area given his vast knowledge of the mountainous terrain. Overall, Mark is a genuinely nice guy, excellent tour guide and someone you'll want to spend your holidays with. I can't say enough good things, he made my experience in Queenstown amazing and my trip wouldn't have been the same without him. Queenstown now sits at the top of my favorite places in the world and I wouldn't hesitate in booking another tour with Mark upon returning.

Visited November 2015
Mark D, Owner at Alpine Adventures, responded to this review, 7 December 2015
Thanks for the nice comments Rebecca, It was a pleasure meeting you and showing you around hopefully, next time you are down this way you have a bit more time there's still so much to see and do. All the very best :)