“First class company!”

US$417.06*
Milford Sound Personal Private Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Alpine Adventures creates unforgettable customised luxury tours with a private guide for people who dream big and demand the best. Owner/head guide Lee Saunders will show you the most stunningly beautiful and remote places such as Queenstown, Fiordland/Milford Sound, Mt Cook, Wanaka or Glenorchy, just to name a few and in a way you simply couldn't experience on your own. We combine warm Kiwi hospitality and personal attention with local connections and exclusive access to thoughtfully craft your trip of a lifetime. Discover how hiring a private guide in New Zealand is the ultimate way to experience our beautiful country, without crowds or compromises. Alpine Adventures offers Private Sightseeing Tours, Hiking Tours, Helicopter Tours and Snow Tours.
Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

My husband and I (mid 50s) and kids (mid 20s) contacted Mark a few months prior to our trip. We laid out what interests were, activity level we wanted and he tailored 2 days worth of activities for us. In addition he had other suggestions of what we could do in Queenstown. He is also able to help with accommodations. Our first day was with his assistant Adida. She did an amazing job! We did a Rob Roy glacier hike among other activities. Very challenging but well worth it when we got to the top. The drive to the park and the scenery within the park were those that you only see in magazines. New Zealand is a magical place! All of the people there are friendly, attentive and the service is impeccable! Mark and company did not disappoint! Personalized, tailored trip for only your group!! We will be back!!

Mark D, Owner at Alpine Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2015

Thanks for the kind words Ronda, what a neat family you guys are, very much enjoyed the time spent with you guys hope to see you back down this way again.
Say hi to the rest of the gang from me, all the best for the new year. :)

Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

I spent two days with Mark during my stay in Queenstown and would highly recommend Alpine Adventures. I contacted Mark when initially planning my trip to Queenstown and he assisted me with creating a custom two day itinerary which allowed me to see the highlights of Queenstown and the surrounding area, including a trip to Milford Sound and a ride on the Dart River jet boat, both of which were amazing experiences. The 3.5 hour trip down and back to Milford Sound seemed like it took half the time in his comfortable Land Rover. He's an excellent driver who can navigate the winding mountain roads with no problem and you will always feel safe. He's also someone you want to be with when exploring the area given his vast knowledge of the mountainous terrain. Overall, Mark is a genuinely nice guy, excellent tour guide and someone you'll want to spend your holidays with. I can't say enough good things, he made my experience in Queenstown amazing and my trip wouldn't have been the same without him. Queenstown now sits at the top of my favorite places in the world and I wouldn't hesitate in booking another tour with Mark upon returning.

Mark D, Owner at Alpine Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2015

Thanks for the nice comments Rebecca, It was a pleasure meeting you and showing you around hopefully, next time you are down this way you have a bit more time there's still so much to see and do. All the very best :)

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Since we spent most of our trip driving around New Zealand, I decided to leave the transportation to Mark Dewsbury of Alpine Adventures. Mark set up a fantastic trip for us, from the pick up at our B&B to the drive to Milford Sound with scenic stops along the way. We avoided the tour bus stops and any crowds. Mark arranged for our cruise on Milford Sound with lunch, and return small plane flight. It all proceeded flawlessly and was a great experience for us! Mark is very knowledgeable and we learned a lot about the area. Thanks, Mark, for making our Milford Sound trip a memorable experience!

1  Thank Karen M
Lee S, Owner at Alpine Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thanks so much for the great review I'm glad you enjoyed it

Reviewed 22 August 2015

Mark brought our family of 2 adults and 2 children for a one-day hike to Lake Sylvan and Bobs Cove. We enjoyed it very much. Mark was extremely knowledgeable about everything, from plants, survival skills, weather, history, etc. He was very prompt in communication and very professional. He was also flexible in changing the itinerary for us to go to a different track when the kids were tired. We would definitely recommend Alpine Adventures.

1  Thank C T

I like great reviews like these so enjoyable havering you come with Alpine Adventures

Reviewed 23 February 2015

We looked to hire a guide in Queenstown, and Mark was able to provide much more than we expected. He was able to lead us on various hikes around Queenstown, and even though weather caused multiple changes to our plans, Mark watched the weather attentively and actively helped us change our plans to accommodate our desires within the issue of the weather. He was a low-key guy but extremely knowledgeable and pleasant. If you work with Mark he can give you extensive information on Queenstown and you will feel like a local. We definitely recommend Alpine Adventures.

1  Thank Kyle S