“Amazing Two Days” 5 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
US$1,294.11*
and up
Milford Sound Cruise and Helicopter Flight including Scenic Landings from...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Alpine Adventures creates unforgettable customised luxury adventures with a private guide for people who dream big and demand the best. Owner/head guide Mark Dewsbery will show you the most stunningly beautiful and remote places such as Fiordland/Milford, Mt. Cook, Wanaka or Glenorchy - just to name a few - in a way you simply couldn't experience on your own. Day tours available from Queenstown or let us help you arrange longer trips throughout the South Island.
United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Amazing Two Days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

I spent two days with Mark during my stay in Queenstown and would highly recommend Alpine Adventures. I contacted Mark when initially planning my trip to Queenstown and he assisted me with creating a custom two day itinerary which allowed me to see the highlights of Queenstown and the surrounding area, including a trip to Milford Sound and a ride on the Dart River jet boat, both of which were amazing experiences. The 3.5 hour trip down and back to Milford Sound seemed like it took half the time in his comfortable Land Rover. He's an excellent driver who can navigate the winding mountain roads with no problem and you will always feel safe. He's also someone you want to be with when exploring the area given his vast knowledge of the mountainous terrain. Overall, Mark is a genuinely nice guy, excellent tour guide and someone you'll want to spend your holidays with. I can't say enough good things, he made my experience in Queenstown amazing and my trip wouldn't have been the same without him. Queenstown now sits at the top of my favorite places in the world and I wouldn't hesitate in booking another tour with Mark upon returning.

Visited November 2015
Mark D, Owner at Alpine Adventures, responded to this review, 7 December 2015
Thanks for the nice comments Rebecca, It was a pleasure meeting you and showing you around hopefully, next time you are down this way you have a bit more time there's still so much to see and do. All the very best :)

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful Trip to Milford Sound”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2015

Since we spent most of our trip driving around New Zealand, I decided to leave the transportation to Mark Dewsbury of Alpine Adventures. Mark set up a fantastic trip for us, from the pick up at our B&B to the drive to Milford Sound with scenic stops along the way. We avoided the tour bus stops and any crowds. Mark arranged for our cruise on Milford Sound with lunch, and return small plane flight. It all proceeded flawlessly and was a great experience for us! Mark is very knowledgeable and we learned a lot about the area. Thanks, Mark, for making our Milford Sound trip a memorable experience!

Visited October 2015
1 Thank Karen M
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Hike Experience for Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2015

Mark brought our family of 2 adults and 2 children for a one-day hike to Lake Sylvan and Bobs Cove. We enjoyed it very much. Mark was extremely knowledgeable about everything, from plants, survival skills, weather, history, etc. He was very prompt in communication and very professional. He was also flexible in changing the itinerary for us to go to a different track when the kids were tired. We would definitely recommend Alpine Adventures.

Visited July 2015
1 Thank C T
Fairfax County, Virginia, United States
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“The full Queenstown Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2015

We looked to hire a guide in Queenstown, and Mark was able to provide much more than we expected. He was able to lead us on various hikes around Queenstown, and even though weather caused multiple changes to our plans, Mark watched the weather attentively and actively helped us change our plans to accommodate our desires within the issue of the weather. He was a low-key guy but extremely knowledgeable and pleasant. If you work with Mark he can give you extensive information on Queenstown and you will feel like a local. We definitely recommend Alpine Adventures.

Visited January 2015
1 Thank Kyle S
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A weekend of excellent skiing with Mark”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I booked a guided skiing weekend with Mark for Queenstown area including some heli skiing. The organisation was excellent.
The proposed Queenstown Park hotel was a very good place to stay. Nice and professional staff and a large room.
We had been lucky as we got some snow just in time. Mark turned out to be a guide with excellent knowledge of the area and a nice personality. I very much enjoied my time and I can recommend Alpine Adventures as the only point of contact if you consider a guide for visiting the South Island of NZ.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank k_wachsmuth
Mark D, Owner at Alpine Adventures, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
It was great spending time with Klaus, nice to be out with a good level skier and during our chair lift rides sloving the worlds problems :) Look forward to seeing you next time Klaus.