“Services of Alpine Adventures”
Review of Alpine Adventures

US$424.30*
Milford Sound Personal Private Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Alpine Adventures creates unforgettable customised luxury tours with a private guide for people who dream big and demand the best. Owner/head guide Lee Saunders will show you the most stunningly beautiful and remote places such as Queenstown, Fiordland/Milford Sound, Mt Cook, Wanaka or Glenorchy, just to name a few and in a way you simply couldn't experience on your own. We combine warm Kiwi hospitality and personal attention with local connections and exclusive access to thoughtfully craft your trip of a lifetime. Discover how hiring a private guide in New Zealand is the ultimate way to experience our beautiful country, without crowds or compromises. Alpine Adventures offers Sightseeing Tours, Hiking Tours, Helicopter Tours and Snow Tours.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We utilized the services of Mark Dewsbery of Alpine Adventures to help us on our recent trip to New Zealand. Mark arranged a variety of activities including various hikes, tours, etc. I had been to NZ twice before. I can honestly say that many of the activities, perhaps the most memorable ones, I would NEVER have found on my own.

Mark arranges some incredible adventures for us. I personally loved flying to a remote location, hiking several hours without seeing another person and seeing amazing sights upon our arrival at the destination such as an isolated seal colony. We really enjoyed all of the activities that Mark arranged for us. He was also very helpful in giving us recommendations for restaurants, shops, etc.

Mark was always prompt. He was a pleasure to be around. Everything was delivered as promised. There were NO surprises whatsoever. Mark knew a lot of the history and background of the areas we visited. This was particularly informative. I always felt safe as well.

IN short, I would highly recommend Mark & his services to anyone contemplating a trip to new Zealand.

3  Thank WLSC
Mark D, Owner at Alpine Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Larry and Mary-Lynn, a fantasic energic couple, had some great laughs saw some stunning scenary, you guys were a pleasure to be around. Hope to see you guys back down this way again.
Congrats again on your engagement :)

Reviewed 28 February 2014

It was my third trip to New Zealand and I wanted it to be as unforgettable as the previous two. So my thirst for adventures led me to Alpine Adventures.
The trip to Lake Adelaide (Hollyford Valley, South Island) was long (7 hours walk) and hard (three ropes bridge over the tumultuous river, a trail, that was hidden with the fern and other plants and the last half - no trail at all), but nonetheless exciting, picturesque and outstanding. See the picture!
The night was spent under the trees, so there was no dew in the morning under the branches; Mark (my guide) designed a perfect bed with moss, fern and a warm sleeping bag. And it’s an amazing feeling to open your eyes at night to see the shining stars through the mossy branches.
It was a real Adventure, that was perfectly organized by Mark, who prepared the gear, took care about the food and small snacks to restore the energy, thought about the safety and comfort helping me to cross the rivers (but don’t count on him every time, you have to be ready to do it yourself – remember, that is an outdoor activity, not a relaxing holiday).
And there is an advantage that makes Alpine Adventures even more precious - Mark knows the secret places all over the South Island (no tourists there – it’s all yours)!

2  Thank Daria G
Lee S, Owner at Alpine Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thanks for the great review.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

One of the best walks that I have done in New Zealand – walking through the old rainforests, creeks and rivers crossings, the night in a remote hut and a walk back on beautiful yet wild beaches – and all that without seeing anybody else. Great adventure.

Thanks for the great review hope to see you again soon, its a truly Magical place.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I had the privilege of hiking Alta Lake with Mark on New Year's eve day! It was such a great experience and made the day. Originally I was supposed to go to Fjordland but the weather didn't cooperate - my day was not a disappointment at all thanks to Mark! The hike was perfect with amazing views of the Queenstown and the mountain range! Mark was incredibly informative about the area, its history and he provided additional suggestions of what to do in and around (which I did). Mark provided a walking pole - much needed as I was in brand new boots -and even a wind breaker when the weather turned cold up at the top. He also took pics and carried my camera! I couldn't have imagined a better way to finish the year than this hike with Mark. I highly recommend Mark and Alpine Adventures

1  Thank Marcia A
Mark D, Owner at Alpine Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

It was great to meet you, Marcia, and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in New Zealand.