All reviews church lane sister hotel chair and ottoman nearby club complimentary minibar wet bar fudge wonderful accommodations this lovely boutique hotel gas fire restaurant downstairs mini bar is entertainment system dinner reservations surround sound bath salts rooms are huge
Reviewed 20 December 2018

My family and I stayed here for three nights in two suites. The rooms are large, beautifully decorated and cater for your every need, real home from home. All non alcoholic drinks are included as well some snacks. The front desk were extremely helpful. Breakfast and the bar could have done with a few more staff at busy times but apart from that a gorgeous place to stay.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Imperium_Group, General Manager at The Spire Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2019

Many thanks for your review, we were delighted to be your hosts as you explored the region, looking forward to welcoming you back to Queenstown again in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2018

My stay at The Spire Hotel was divine. If you like the expansive view of Lake Wakatipu as much as I do, you’ll be happy to know it is literally a few steps away from the hotel.

Honestly, I struggled to leave the room every morning because of how luxurious and cosy our suite was. It comes as no surprise then, that the hotel offers award winning luxury Queenstown accommodation where genuine hospitality, serenity and style uniquely combine. With just 10 suites and a characterful cocktail bar, it’s the destination of choice for those with an eye for detail and an appreciation of stellar service. To top it off, the hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of Queenstown’s vibrant cultural scene, including shops, cafes, nightlife and four season lake and mountain resort activities.

Most of all, we had great views of the church spire that gives the hotel its name, while king-size beds, luxe linens, stone-clad fireplaces, design classics and large private balconies feature in all suites. And the service is as inviting and welcoming as the room upon arrival: already lit fireplace, free bottle of champagne and chocolates, warm rug to snuggle up with a book, and there’s even a bath so big it soaks up all my aches. Do note though, the hotel might take a bit of finding as it is up a pedestrian lane, but valet parking is included so drop it off at the nearby loading zone and let reception know (they will grab your luggages and park the car for you promptly).

If you want to explore thrill-seeking tours or a family day trip, The Spire Hotel will even plan it for you. In fact the general manager, James, tried hard to push for a helicopter ride during our stay except the weather was almost unforgiving, but an organised lunch at The Grille by Eichardt’s made up for it. Serving sincerely memorable experiences mere footsteps from The Spire Hotel and the shores of Lake Wakatipu, this outstanding dining hub warmly welcomes both locals and visitors alike, where home-grown, free-range, and locally sourced produce is at the forefront of an authentic dining experience in Queenstown’s premier lakefront restaurant.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Imperium_Group, General Manager at The Spire Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2018

Thank you kindly for your stellar review - it was certainly a pleasure to have you both with us and share your experiences.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and experienced the best of Queenstown, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Excellently located in the heart of Queenstown, The Spire is a classy but at the same time very homy and cosy boutique hotel. The room had all the amenities we needed including a fireplace which made the stay that more special. We slept like babies on all 3 nights despite the hotel's very central location with many bars and restaurants. The staff is super friendly and they made great recommendations for activities and dining options around town. The breakfast is a la carte, so everything is freshly prepared (take the smoothie bowl for a healthy start of the day). Lovely stay at the Spire, would stay again.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Imperium_Group, General Manager at The Spire Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Many thanks Nika, it was a pleasure to have you with us, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Right in the middle of town, this is the perfect place to stay! You can walk everywhere, and enjoy tons of restaurants so close by! The staff is really what makes it so welcoming, they were terrific! And the breakfasts are phenomenal! (plus you get unlimited chocolates) I would definitely recommend it to all my friends!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Y5859ACdanielleb

Lovely review thank you Danielle, it was a pleasure to have you with us.
Let me know if you want our recipe for those handmade turndown chocolates - see if you can have unlimited supplies for life!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2018

On arriving at the Spire Hotel I was instantly worried about a good nights sleep on seeing the many bars and clubs within a stones throw of the hotel's front door. I was assured that other than a bit of talking in the lane it shouldn't be much of a problem. Being so centrally located in Queenstown I understood that there may be some street noise - but by 12.30am I had had enough and called to change rooms - only to be told the hotel as full. To their credit the hotel staff swiftly moved us to another hotel location (their sister hotel) and we did manage to enjoy a quiet remainder of the night and the next. The staff were incredibly good about it and did all they could to assist. The short amount of time we were at the hotel I can say was great. Rooms are huge and well equipped, bed comfortable, fire, food great - couldn't really fail it. But if it is a good nights sleep and R&R you are after, which I was, then either ask for a quiet room away from the street or be prepared for a party...which I guess Queenstown is rather famous for nowadays. Thankful for the wonderful staff helping us find some quiet in a swift and non-fuss manner though :)

Room tip: Choose a room away from the street
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Imperium_Group, General Manager at The Spire Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate your comments on the way the staff handled your issues and it's great to see we had a good outcome. From time to time the street atmosphere can get loud particularly on holiday weekends and we work closely with our neighbours to ensure any reports of excessive noise are swiftly managed.
It is disappointing hear you were disturbed however and I will be reviewing with local operators to ensure we are not compromised in the future.

Warm regards,