“Highlight of our trip”

Fear Factory Queenstown
Ranked #4 of 19 Fun & Games in Queenstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience true terror, fun and frights at Fear Factory, Queenstown's newest, scariest haunted attraction! Be brave, grab a tight hold of your best friends and enjoy the horror that lurks in our spooky halls!
Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

This was so awesome, my partner and I didn't even know Fear Factory existed when we arrived. It was the highlight of our time in Queenstown. Absolutely terrifying! Would love to do it again and would recommend it to everyone as long as you don't mind being scared to death!

TheFearFactoryTeam, Manager at Fear Factory Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2015

Hi Natalie!

Wow. What can we say? We're so please you enjoyed screaming your lungs dry with our terrifying team in Queenstown. We're quite the hidden gem so it's great you found out about us!! We're open 7days a week, all year round if your pants have dried and you fancy giving it another go!

Thanks again and safe onward travels from all of us here at Fear Factory Queenstown

Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"adrenaline rush"
"awesome experience"

Reviewed 5 November 2015

My boyfriend and i decided that we would try the fear factory straight after braving the nevis swing! We went in and talked ourselves up thinking that it wasn't going to be scary at all! We made it about 3 meters through the door and i couldn't move or open my eyes! We chicken out 2 minutes in and couldn't believe! they said we could go in again for free but my boyfriend was soon scared! for the rest of the trip he didn't even want to walk past the outside of the shop! Thanks guys you did a great job!

Hi Georgia,

Sometimes you just have to Chicken Out!! Lots of people assume that Fear Factory will be a cheesy or tame experience, as you can see this is not the case! Once the lights go out you have to battle as much with your inner demons as you do with our outer ones... Next time will you be brave enough?!

Kind regards and safe onward travels from all of us here at Fear Factory Queenstown

Reviewed 4 November 2015

I had been wanting to do this for a while and every time I was in Queenstown no one wanted to do it with me. This time there were other people who wanted to do it too.

I had heard people say that Fear Factory was scarier than Spookers in Auckland. I screamed more at Spookers, so I do not believe that Fear Factory is scarier. That being said, it was still a hell of a lot of fun and I would recommend it to anyone.

I loved the anticipation before you went in, waiting for the light to go green and watching the reactions of people coming out the other door. See other people being so relieved they made it out made it all the more exciting.

I felt like I was lost the whole time and had no idea where I was going. The pictures at the end were so funny.

I wish I had been able to go on Halloween. While we were waiting to go in, we were talking to the guy about Halloween as it was the next day. It sounded like a lot of fun.

I would definitely do this again.

Hi Buddytarns,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review here on Trip Advisor. We're so happy you had a great time with us and we do our best to scare the living daylights out of all our victims. Next year you'll have to attend the Halloween Spooktacular! It's so much fun!! We look forward to seeing you again sometime

Safe onward travels from all of us here at Fear Factory Queenstown

Reviewed 3 November 2015

Having worked in Queenstown for over two years now, I have hadone my belly full of activitys. The fear factory is now a place I will recommend for all my mates !!

What an experience! NOT GIVING TOO MUCH AWAY!!

Credit where credit is due... the staff who work there, put their all into that and we had a blast !!!

Hi Karl!

Over the past two years we've worked hard to perfect our scares and give our customers a memorable experience so we were stoked to read your review! Queenstown is full of great activities and we're happy to slot in there with the best!