Open today: 6:30 am - 7:00 pm

from US$96.73
from US$61.67
from US$45.44
5,839 results
All reviews walter peak tss earnslaw engine room farm tour bbq lunch real journeys steam ship sheep show steamers piano player dinner cruise farm animals lake wakatipu lamb morning tea return journey boat trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed today. Good value as we got free Ice Bar admission as well. Alex our skipper was awesome. Have done the Shotover before which I must say is prettier, but Thunderjet was much more fun and cheaper!

Date of experience: April 2018
ThunderTeam, Director of Sales at RealNZ, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you for the 5-stars! We hope you enjoyed your additional ice bar vouchers after your Thunder Jet experience!

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

As part of our trip around New Zealand we were fortunate enough to kock in this trip as part of our adventure. The boat which is a real steam ship from the year 1912...fascinating to watch the men load the coal and keep the motors running. The journey was only 22 km in total but was great. The farmhouse BBQ at Walter Peak was great. Service was very swift and efficiently done. You could eat as much as you wanted. Plenty of different neats salads vegetables and great assortment od desserts. To top it off there was a sheep shearing experience which was fascinating. RECOMMENDED.

Date of experience: April 2018
Real_Journeys, Guest Relations Manager at RealNZ, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Kia Ora and thanks for the wonderful review. We are delighted to see how highly you rated your experience with us. Hopefully the rest of your time in Queenstown was just as enjoyable.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We found the cruise very packed, and not relaxing at all. Might be something good for the tourist, definitely not for the local.

We only have an hour for buffet lunch, which was very rushed. On top of that, we had to wait to be called for lunch. Kinda wasting our time sitting down while the others have their meal. I understand the wait is necessary to avoid chaos. Perhaps a better way would be to do the buffet in a few sitting. That way, guests could enjoy the scenery outside/ take photo instead of sitting in here waiting. Worst part was that we were one of the last table to get to the food. After spending all that money, I felt very disappointed.

We met an Australian couple onboard which shared the same experience as us - too crowded, not relaxing at all.

Don’t think we’ll be back. In fact, this experience put me off any other buffet dinner around town.

1  Thank Jazzynz13
Reviewed 22 April 2018

An incredible way to end our adventures in New Zealand! I knew the white water rafting with Shotover would be good... I had no idea it would be great! The trip starts with a bus ride that's almost as crazy as the rafting! Driving on the 7th most dangerous highway in the world! But don't let that scare you, as the driver makes the road an awesome time! The rafting experience is obviously where it's at though! The water when I went, was freezing! But honestly, I couldn't feel it because of the great equipment we were using! The rafting then goes for about 2 hours and the rapids are crazy! As well as getting to see magnificent scenery! I would also like to give special mention to Jack our guide! He was an incredible part of the experience as the energy he brings to rafting is fun and contagious! His Maori culture also helps enrich the experience, as you can see the significance the land has in his life. It was a joy and a pleasure to share the rafting experience with him. After the rafting ends, a video is professionally made of the great time we had! Along with well-taken photos for a low price! I did the bungee jumping in New Zealand too, but honestly, I think I enjoyed the rafting the most! And that's saying something...

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

One of the highlights of our tour. Wasn’t disappointed. Had an amazing time. Jack our raft guide was very good and kept was entertained.
We had so many rapids and even our journey to shotover river was so scenic
We also went through a tunnel which was very unique. Not seen with other rafting tours. Very different experience.