All reviews shotover river cherry tree house the main house treehouse cottage self contained cottage enjoyed the hot tub spa tub wonderful hosts two nights awesome views the snow capped mountains our honeymoon nery corgi property accommodation supermarket
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Trelawn Place is a little way out of Queenstown on the gorge road to Arrowtown overlooking the Shotover River. Its quiet and serene, and the setting is spectacular. We stayed in the Cottage, which is cosy and rustic with its wood fire and quaint fitout. Really enjoyed our stay - recommended.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed 15 July 2015

We had a lovely 6 nights at Trelawn, accompanied by our adult daughter and two dogs. We stayed in the two-bedroom cottage which was very well appointed, very clean, comfortable and warm. The property is well off the road and very well fenced. The location is truly magical - beautifully kept grounds and an amazing view down on to the Shotover river and mountains beyond. Michael and Nery are wonderful hosts - they were around when needed but gave us plenty of privacy too. The property is handy to central Queenstown - only a 10 min drive away. About halfway into the main town there is a good supermarket and also Rayward Fresh, provider of upmarket grocery provisions and fresh food - including beautiful Bluff oysters! Trelawn is also very handy if you are skiing at Coronet Peak - the turnoff is only a few minutes up the road. The location of Trelawn meant we could head out and about through Dalefield and avoid the terrible traffic holdups that are now occurring coming into Queenstown around Frankton and the main road into town (State Highway 6A).

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed 25 February 2015

I love this place and the hosts! I found Trelawn after looking for places to host our wedding in Queenstown. This was 18 - 20 months ago that I booked here after having a discussion with Nery about which package we wanted to go with. We flew down for a weekend in Queenstown 15 months before the wedding was to take place so we could see the place for ourselves and not just from photos. We were very happy with what we had chosen and coming to Trelawn had just confirmed for us how right the property was. Fast forward a year, Nery and Michael were very accommodating to me as my mother needed to drop off "props" for the wedding and they were more than happy to store them until the wedding. We had booked out the whole of Trelawn for the wedding party over two nights (Fri & Sat) and the wedding party couldn't have been happier. We were after rustic/vintage and that is exactly what we got. The Tree House where the bride & groom stayed was beautiful and perfect for those before photos when the bride is getting ready for the wedding. Nery & Michael put on a wonderful breakfast both mornings (I just wish I had gotten to eat more but I wanted to make sure I could still fit the wedding dress so was a light eater!) The wedding party may have made up for me as I'm sure they went back for a "second breakfast"!!!
We catered and provided everything ourselves as my husband is a chef and we wanted to do everything our way. The hosts were very helpful when it came to setting everything up and helping out with those last minute forgotten items.
The weather forecast wasn't the best but we expected the rain to go around us so hadn't set up the marquee. The weather held for the ceremony but came down in buckets just after we had finished with the photos. Not to despair though, when we got back from the photos, gazebos had been set up over the tables and created a wonderful atmosphere. Then after the meal, the weather cleared and the guests were able to break out on the dance floor (provided by Nery & Michael). We had been given strict instructions that music was to stop at 11pm due to the sound carrying in the canyon. So because we had been prewarned, there wasn't any issue when the music stopped. We were able to carry on talking and having fun together.
A lot of my guests at the wedding are wanting to come back to Trelawn for a weekend away as it was such an amazing place to get away to. I would say though that you would want to make sure that there weren't any weddings on the weekend you stay as the weddings do take over everything.
We were fully aware we were staying in someones home, not a hotel so we respected this and treated it as such.
One other thing to note is that it is very close to Queenstown so getting taxis etc isn't expensive. When you're driving on their driveway, it is narrow so just be aware but we drove in a van, a car and even a truck without any problems on this driveway.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2015

We stayed in the garden apartment for a week and had the best holiday ever. Trelawn offers supreme accommodation set in idyllic grounds surrounded by breathtaking scenery. It exceeded our expectations. Michael and Nary couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Their corgis really made us feel at home and it was wonderful to see our 4yo running around the grounds with them. We can't recommend Trelawn highly enough and hope that other travellers share the same fun filled experience. We didn't want to leave and hope to return.

Date of stay: January 2015
Reviewed 10 February 2015

Trelawn place was a highlight to my holiday to New Zealand, I didn't want to leave. Nery and Micheal were lovely hosts and turned on the kiwi hospitality. The views were stunning and sitting in the spa with a bottle of champers over looking the valleys was so relaxing. The cottage was clean and well equip with all your needs, having a washing machine and dryer was also useful. I enjoyed the morning and afternoon visits from the dogs and cats. Trelawn is the ideal location and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: February 2015