Trelawn Place
Oaks Club Resort(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$157
  • Fitness centre
US$192
US$175
  • Restaurant
Mercure Resort Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$120
  • Pool
Scenic Suites Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$154
Agoda.com
Crowne Plaza Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$165
  • Room Service
Villa del Lago(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$427
US$383
Agoda.com
Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$164
US$144
Travelocity
  • Pool
Whistler Holiday Apartments(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$152
Orbitz.com
All reviewscherry tree cottageshotover riverthe main houseb bwedding partyperfect wedding venuenew zealandhot tubsumptuous breakfastoutstanding hostspiece of paradisemorning breakfastupstairs bedroomjet boatshort drivehill overlookingtwo nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2015

We had a lovely 6 nights at Trelawn, accompanied by our adult daughter and two dogs. We stayed in the two-bedroom cottage which was very well appointed, very clean, comfortable and warm. The property is well off the road and very well fenced. The location is truly magical - beautifully kept grounds and an amazing view down on to the Shotover river and mountains beyond. Michael and Nery are wonderful hosts - they were around when needed but gave us plenty of privacy too. The property is handy to central Queenstown - only a 10 min drive away. About halfway into the main town there is a good supermarket and also Rayward Fresh, provider of upmarket grocery provisions and fresh food - including beautiful Bluff oysters! Trelawn is also very handy if you are skiing at Coronet Peak - the turnoff is only a few minutes up the road. The location of Trelawn meant we could head out and about through Dalefield and avoid the terrible traffic holdups that are now occurring coming into Queenstown around Frankton and the main road into town (State Highway 6A).

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2015

I love this place and the hosts! I found Trelawn after looking for places to host our wedding in Queenstown. This was 18 - 20 months ago that I booked here after having a discussion with Nery about which package we wanted to go with. We flew down for a weekend in Queenstown 15 months before the wedding was to take place so we could see the place for ourselves and not just from photos. We were very happy with what we had chosen and coming to Trelawn had just confirmed for us how right the property was. Fast forward a year, Nery and Michael were very accommodating to me as my mother needed to drop off "props" for the wedding and they were more than happy to store them until the wedding. We had booked out the whole of Trelawn for the wedding party over two nights (Fri & Sat) and the wedding party couldn't have been happier. We were after rustic/vintage and that is exactly what we got. The Tree House where the bride & groom stayed was beautiful and perfect for those before photos when the bride is getting ready for the wedding. Nery & Michael put on a wonderful breakfast both mornings (I just wish I had gotten to eat more but I wanted to make sure I could still fit the wedding dress so was a light eater!) The wedding party may have made up for me as I'm sure they went back for a "second breakfast"!!!
We catered and provided everything ourselves as my husband is a chef and we wanted to do everything our way. The hosts were very helpful when it came to setting everything up and helping out with those last minute forgotten items.
The weather forecast wasn't the best but we expected the rain to go around us so hadn't set up the marquee. The weather held for the ceremony but came down in buckets just after we had finished with the photos. Not to despair though, when we got back from the photos, gazebos had been set up over the tables and created a wonderful atmosphere. Then after the meal, the weather cleared and the guests were able to break out on the dance floor (provided by Nery & Michael). We had been given strict instructions that music was to stop at 11pm due to the sound carrying in the canyon. So because we had been prewarned, there wasn't any issue when the music stopped. We were able to carry on talking and having fun together.
A lot of my guests at the wedding are wanting to come back to Trelawn for a weekend away as it was such an amazing place to get away to. I would say though that you would want to make sure that there weren't any weddings on the weekend you stay as the weddings do take over everything.
We were fully aware we were staying in someones home, not a hotel so we respected this and treated it as such.
One other thing to note is that it is very close to Queenstown so getting taxis etc isn't expensive. When you're driving on their driveway, it is narrow so just be aware but we drove in a van, a car and even a truck without any problems on this driveway.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2015

We stayed in the garden apartment for a week and had the best holiday ever. Trelawn offers supreme accommodation set in idyllic grounds surrounded by breathtaking scenery. It exceeded our expectations. Michael and Nary couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Their corgis really made us feel at home and it was wonderful to see our 4yo running around the grounds with them. We can't recommend Trelawn highly enough and hope that other travellers share the same fun filled experience. We didn't want to leave and hope to return.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2015

Trelawn place was a highlight to my holiday to New Zealand, I didn't want to leave. Nery and Micheal were lovely hosts and turned on the kiwi hospitality. The views were stunning and sitting in the spa with a bottle of champers over looking the valleys was so relaxing. The cottage was clean and well equip with all your needs, having a washing machine and dryer was also useful. I enjoyed the morning and afternoon visits from the dogs and cats. Trelawn is the ideal location and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2015

Perfect setting made our 5 night stay very relaxing. Enjoyed the spaciousness and garden with nice views of the Shotover River. Michael hosted us well helped by the Corgis and Cats. Local knowledge of the Queenstown area was appreciated

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple