Lowest prices for your stay
$195
HolidayInn.com
$169
Save more with IHG One Rewards
Priceline
$195
Go to your Happy Price
All reviews lake view bus stop new zealand frankton road buffet breakfast town sauna lakeview heating hill snow
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2023 via mobile

The restaurant was nice and food was good, that’s the only nice thing I can say.

Our room with a view was right on top of the car park. No privacy whatsoever and the view had a big tree in front of it. Not quite what we expected for $330 a night and it gets worse, please read on.

On arrival and needing to use the bathroom I quickly found out the toilet brush has not been cleaned in months, it stank the whole unit out. It was filthy!!
I complained immediately to a staff member outside the unit doing cleaning rounds. They sent a cleaner up to re clean the bathroom and get rid of the smell plus they replaced the brush.
We were not offered a clean room, I was almost sick 🤢 at the time and I really thought that was the least they could do, that brush was disgusting and it will be forever imprinted into my memory. 😩
There was also Mould growing in the corner of the bath/shower, the place is not cleaned properly.
The beds were hard and uncomfortable, they charge $20 a night for you to park your car and they take $200 bond at the beginning of your stay, charge you the $10 exchange rate and when you go to get your money back they charge you another $10 to give it back.
A $330 room turn into a $360 room. Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else.

No photos as it is a memory I hope to forget.

Room tip: If you must stay here, add the cost of parking your car per night $20, cars are not parked outside your room.
Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2023

Hi Nanma-Julles,

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road for this trip and for sharing your feedback. I am glad to have been a host to one of our valued guests. I trust that all is well.

We are committed to keeping every room spotless, and I'm sorry to learn about the issues encountered during your stay. I have shared your comments with our hotel management team. I am sure they will take the necessary steps to address your concern and use this as a reference for improvement.

We hope you give us another opportunity to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Safe travels,

Glaiza G.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed 25 March 2023

Spent over $2,500.00 on 7 night stay.Limited TV service for first 4 nights,complained technical problems was the answer.Air conditioner couldn’t get it to go to heating,complained again technical problems again,supplied small fan heater lasted several minutes and cut out,Air Conditioner still not working when we checked out. $15.00 Parking per day,no designated parking spaces to match room number,first in best dressed..Advertised as free parking that’s a joke.Shower over bath bit antiquated,when showering bath filling up with water drain blocked with hair Yuck.complaing waste of time.Don’t waste your money here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2023

Hi Simpleyred,

I've read your review of your past stay. We value you as one of our most valued guests. I'm happy that you've chosen Holiday Inn for your stay.

We aim for our guests to have the best hospitality in the city. I’m sorry about what happened during your stay. I will be sharing this feedback with hotel management for immediate correction.

We hope to regain your trust and confidence in our service.

Warm Regards

Carl J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHG Hotels and Resorts Service

Reviewed 19 March 2023

Beautiful views from the balcony. Staff extremely helpful and very pleasant. I had difficulty walking because I have to have a hip replacement. The staff arranged for a vehicle to drive me as close as possible to the room. Very much appreciated that they go the extra mile

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2023 via mobile

Fabulous position, nicely decorated. Reception, bar, meals and lounges all in one place in the ground floor as you enter. Self serve breakfast is available daily. My only concern is size of rooms. Had 459 and room very very small. Good shower and bed, corner room, very quiet.

Room tip: On site parking but at a premium. Room 459 very small. Good size bathroom.
Date of stay: March 2023
Reviewed 18 February 2023 via mobile

Apart from its location with lake view it hasn’t anything to recommend it
Shower over bath so poor ( no pressure tiny head)hard to get wet. The ventaxia sounds more like a car crash - the noise is deafening so can’t turn light on when using bathroom at night it would wake the entire block!
I don’t like the 2 sheet duvet sandwich - it’s not hygienic unless duvets are laundered on each room change which I didn’t see happening - it is too easy to end up with sheet disappearing and sleeping directly under duvet
The breakfast was appalling - I tried 4 bread rolls and they were all stale
The cooked food on Bain Maries was tepid overcooked and tasteless the only item that they couldn’t get wrong was the baked beans and toast
Car park - they charge $15 !!!
I asked to speak to manager before posting this review but no one available

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2023

Hi crossland100,

Thank you for leaving us feedback surrounding your experience with the Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road. We appreciate you choosing us and doing business with IHG® Hotels and Resorts.

We are determined to provide our guests with a pleasant time, and I am sorry for what happened during your visit. I shared your sentiments with our hotel management and sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your stay.

Until your next stop in the area, we look forward to hosting you again to redeem your confidence in us. I look forward to your response.

Grace L.