Lowest prices for your stay
$271
HolidayInn.com
$271
Save more with IHG One Rewards
Algotels
$250
All reviews lake view bus stop new zealand frankton road buffet breakfast town sauna lakeview heating hill snow
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 March 2023

Spent over $2,500.00 on 7 night stay.Limited TV service for first 4 nights,complained technical problems was the answer.Air conditioner couldn’t get it to go to heating,complained again technical problems again,supplied small fan heater lasted several minutes and cut out,Air Conditioner still not working when we checked out. $15.00 Parking per day,no designated parking spaces to match room number,first in best dressed..Advertised as free parking that’s a joke.Shower over bath bit antiquated,when showering bath filling up with water drain blocked with hair Yuck.complaing waste of time.Don’t waste your money here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2023

Hi Simpleyred,

I've read your review of your past stay. We value you as one of our most valued guests. I'm happy that you've chosen Holiday Inn for your stay.

We aim for our guests to have the best hospitality in the city. I’m sorry about what happened during your stay. I will be sharing this feedback with hotel management for immediate correction.

We hope to regain your trust and confidence in our service.

Warm Regards

Carl J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHG Hotels and Resorts Service

Reviewed 19 March 2023

Beautiful views from the balcony. Staff extremely helpful and very pleasant. I had difficulty walking because I have to have a hip replacement. The staff arranged for a vehicle to drive me as close as possible to the room. Very much appreciated that they go the extra mile

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2023 via mobile

Fabulous position, nicely decorated. Reception, bar, meals and lounges all in one place in the ground floor as you enter. Self serve breakfast is available daily. My only concern is size of rooms. Had 459 and room very very small. Good shower and bed, corner room, very quiet.

Room tip: On site parking but at a premium. Room 459 very small. Good size bathroom.
Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2023 via mobile

Apart from its location with lake view it hasn’t anything to recommend it
Shower over bath so poor ( no pressure tiny head)hard to get wet. The ventaxia sounds more like a car crash - the noise is deafening so can’t turn light on when using bathroom at night it would wake the entire block!
I don’t like the 2 sheet duvet sandwich - it’s not hygienic unless duvets are laundered on each room change which I didn’t see happening - it is too easy to end up with sheet disappearing and sleeping directly under duvet
The breakfast was appalling - I tried 4 bread rolls and they were all stale
The cooked food on Bain Maries was tepid overcooked and tasteless the only item that they couldn’t get wrong was the baked beans and toast
Car park - they charge $15 !!!
I asked to speak to manager before posting this review but no one available

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2023

Hi crossland100,

Thank you for leaving us feedback surrounding your experience with the Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road. We appreciate you choosing us and doing business with IHG® Hotels and Resorts.

We are determined to provide our guests with a pleasant time, and I am sorry for what happened during your visit. I shared your sentiments with our hotel management and sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your stay.

Until your next stop in the area, we look forward to hosting you again to redeem your confidence in us. I look forward to your response.

Grace L.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 February 2023

Stayed here 8 nights February and paid $325 / night which I consider at the higher end even for Queenstown. On arrival we were advised hotel had introduced additional $15 per night parking charge which we refused to pay - 25sq metre room was better suited for business travel than a couple on holiday as it offers very little living space - no cutlery in the room for those who wish to prepare cereal for breakfast and no wine glasses - we were told no need to book for dinner and when we arrived at the restaurant told there was an hour and a half wait to order as they were preparing meals for a tour group - needless to say we didn't try the restaurant again after that- housekeeping hit and miss, not always toilet paper or towels refreshed -front desk not welcoming or friendly and we had to stay 1 extra night in Queenstown due to floods in Auckland and air travel disruptions - so we asked was a room available for 1 more night and the hotel answer was yes at a new price of $350 (this after we had paid $325 per night for the previous 8 nights) - Wow !

Date of stay: January 2023
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2023

Hi linalinz,

A pleasure to host your extended stay and we appreciate the business that you bring to Holiday Inn! We pride ourselves in making your stay memorable and inviting. I am sorry to learn about the issues you've encountered during your visit.

I shared your comments with our hotel management. We always challenge ourselves to be better and feedback like yours will serve as a constant reminder to enhance our services.

We know you have many options when it comes to accommodations, and we look forward to having the opportunity to share a more positive experience on your next visit.

All the best,