Lowest prices for your stay
$203
ZenHotels.com
$177
Robyn1006
Port Albert, Australia

Great hotel, close to town

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Mar 2023via mobile
Fabulous position, nicely decorated. Reception, bar, meals and lounges all in one place in the ground floor as you enter. Self serve breakfast is available daily. My only concern is size of rooms. Had 459 and room very very small. Good shower and bed, corner room, very quiet.
Date of stay: March 2023
Room Tip: On site parking but at a premium. Room 459 very small. Good size bathroom.
$345
    $327
    $349
5.4 km from Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road, an IHG Hotel
Free parking
Hotel exterior (seen from the water taxi)
  • Doubletree
  • Tripadvisor
  • travelup.com
3.1 km from Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Queenstown
All reviews lake view bus stop new zealand frankton road buffet breakfast town sauna lakeview heating hill snow
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2023 via mobile

Apart from its location with lake view it hasn’t anything to recommend it
Shower over bath so poor ( no pressure tiny head)hard to get wet. The ventaxia sounds more like a car crash - the noise is deafening so can’t turn light on when using bathroom at night it would wake the entire block!
I don’t like the 2 sheet duvet sandwich - it’s not hygienic unless duvets are laundered on each room change which I didn’t see happening - it is too easy to end up with sheet disappearing and sleeping directly under duvet
The breakfast was appalling - I tried 4 bread rolls and they were all stale
The cooked food on Bain Maries was tepid overcooked and tasteless the only item that they couldn’t get wrong was the baked beans and toast
Car park - they charge $15 !!!
I asked to speak to manager before posting this review but no one available

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2023

Hi crossland100,

Thank you for leaving us feedback surrounding your experience with the Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road. We appreciate you choosing us and doing business with IHG® Hotels and Resorts.

We are determined to provide our guests with a pleasant time, and I am sorry for what happened during your visit. I shared your sentiments with our hotel management and sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your stay.

Until your next stop in the area, we look forward to hosting you again to redeem your confidence in us. I look forward to your response.

Grace L.

Reviewed 14 February 2023

Stayed here 8 nights February and paid $325 / night which I consider at the higher end even for Queenstown. On arrival we were advised hotel had introduced additional $15 per night parking charge which we refused to pay - 25sq metre room was better suited for business travel than a couple on holiday as it offers very little living space - no cutlery in the room for those who wish to prepare cereal for breakfast and no wine glasses - we were told no need to book for dinner and when we arrived at the restaurant told there was an hour and a half wait to order as they were preparing meals for a tour group - needless to say we didn't try the restaurant again after that- housekeeping hit and miss, not always toilet paper or towels refreshed -front desk not welcoming or friendly and we had to stay 1 extra night in Queenstown due to floods in Auckland and air travel disruptions - so we asked was a room available for 1 more night and the hotel answer was yes at a new price of $350 (this after we had paid $325 per night for the previous 8 nights) - Wow !

Date of stay: January 2023
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2023

Hi linalinz,

A pleasure to host your extended stay and we appreciate the business that you bring to Holiday Inn! We pride ourselves in making your stay memorable and inviting. I am sorry to learn about the issues you've encountered during your visit.

I shared your comments with our hotel management. We always challenge ourselves to be better and feedback like yours will serve as a constant reminder to enhance our services.

We know you have many options when it comes to accommodations, and we look forward to having the opportunity to share a more positive experience on your next visit.

All the best,

Alice P

Reviewed 8 February 2023

Arrived 230 for 3pm check in. Too early. Ok. They had the room as a king size 1 bed. Showed email. I'd requested 3 months earlier twin single beds as was staying with my mum. The man said he would update the booking & to come back at 3pm. Went back told no would be another 40 to 60 more minutes. We had a wedding to attend at 5pm and needed to get ready. Come back at 340 room still wasn't ready! Geraldine "fixed" it and got us our room. Got to room it qas a King size bed NOT twin single beds as requested. We were super stressed by that point so just accepted it so could get to wedding on time. Booked park for the 2 nights. The 1st night there was no park. I was still charged. Guido asked how was your stay? When I checked out. I told him all of above he didn't even reply!! Shocking service. Is it really too much to expect check in time to actually be what it's advertised 3pm?

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jeraldine Rimban, Owner at Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2023

Hello, Lisa B

We value your opinion. It helps us understand how to serve our guests better. Thank you for leaving your comments and making us your primary choice for accommodation. I would like to take this chance to apologize for the situation you have encountered. Don't worry, I have shared your sentiment with our management for further attention.

We have a vocation in service and will do everything we can to ensure your satisfaction and enjoyment. I hope you will visit again in the future. It would be a pleasure to host you once more. Stay safe and healthy until then!

Alejandro G.
IGHService

Reviewed 6 February 2023 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here on a road trip. The property was on a steep hill so not great for less mobile people. Restaurant food was great. Staff very friendly and courteous. Beautiful views of Lake Wakatipu from the rooms and restaurant. Not many channels available on the tv.

Room tip: Parking is $15 per day
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2023

Hello Stephfed,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

While I am glad that most aspects of your visit went well, I am sorry to learn about the issues encountered. I have alerted the hotel management regarding your comments, as a reference for the improvement of the services offered. I am certain that the steps that will be taken will improve your next visits with us.

I hope to welcome you back!

Best regards,

Clayton G.

Reviewed 26 December 2022

Would not bother with this one, plenty of other places in Queenstown to stay. Run down, no atmosphere, ramshackle and constant plane noise. Also the rooms are quite small as are the bathrooms. I stayes there one night at the end of a trip but would not go back.

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2023

Hi ivalee9,

We appreciate you for choosing the Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road for your leisure stay.

We work hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best. I'm sorry if there is an inferior aspect during your stay with us, and I will share your comments with our upper hotel management team to take the necessary steps.

I hope we'll remain to be your dependable choice, as we promise to make your stay more memorable and exciting.

Yours in hospitality,