1,625 results
All reviews great location a lake view room steamer wharf in town tss earnslaw per day excellent hotel breakfast buffet hotel is located restaurants and shops two double beds new zealand steamers free wifi lake wakatipu stayed here for nights spectacular views
Reviewed 30 April 2015

The room was large, clean and had a very comfortable bed. It was across the street from several restaurants and the water where several excursions left. It was a little noisy early in the morning when the garbage cans were being emptied but was quiet the rest of the time. We had a great view of the water. If you had a room overlooking the back you wouldn't have the view but it may be quieter. There was a nice breakfast included in our stay.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2015

You really cant beat it for location. So close to town and bars and restaurants and of course it has the fantastic view.

We usually stay at Intercontinentals with this hotel chain so I was pleasantly surprised at the overall quality of this hotel. We booked a lake front king room which was just spot on. Beautiful outlook over the lake. A good size. Nice little balcony to sit on and have a coffee and watch the world go by. I probably would have preferred to be on the top floor rather than the 4th floor, especially as platinum members but that's a minor niggle. Bed was very comfortable and room clean and well maintained. The hallways are a little bit dark and the carpet needs some attention though in my opinion.

Breakfast was included in our rate and was well worth it. It had a good spread Including eggs cooked to order, and on the 2 days we were there, I never felt that it was in a mess, with tables were being cleared reasonably promptly.

We had drinks in the bar one night, they had a happy hour which I think ran from 5pm to 7pm. $5 wines and $7 cocktails (limited list) which was good.

We were checked in by the lovely Olivia ?(I think that was the name, memory like a sieve). She had a very professional attitude and was very welcoming. It always sets the tone for a good stay when you are greeted warmly, even if the room isn't ready.

Overall, I thought it was a great place to stay and we would definitely return here. Our last trip to Queenstown we stayed at the Sofitel. Crowne Plaza can really be pleased that it is pretty close to the mark.

Room Tip: lakefront definitely
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2015

The hotel is centrally located in Queenstown making it easy to walk to the dock area, town beach and various restaurants and shops in town. The hotel has a bar and place to grab a bite.
The staff was very attentive and addressed any questions or needs we had. The room had a beautiful view of Cecil's Peak. There is an on site laundry which was reasonably priced. The concierge was very helpful in making reservations for our adventures in and around Queenstown. If you stay here, which I strongly suggest, don't hesitate to ask them for advise. the room was equipped with a refrigerator and has a great selection of teas and coffee for you to enjoy.
There is also a convenient store right outside the hotel for snacks and sodas. there are other packages stores nearby if you want to buy your own beer or wine.

The Crowne Plaza is in a great location and reasonably priced. We certainly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2015

We stayed two separate nights at the Crowne Plaza, bookending our trips to Milford Sound and Doubtful Sound. As you drive into Queenstown, it is immediately apparent that the crowd is much younger than previous locations. (We came from Mt. Cook, and its older crowds). They are more athletic, and into bungee jumping, white water rafting, and trekking, etc.

Our first room was 516, and was a handicap room. This meant there was no tub, and a wheelchair could roll right into the shower. Even though the room was on the 5th floor, the street was right outside, as it goes up a steep hill there. We enjoyed the view from our balcony.

The second room was 607, and was a more standard room. The elevators seemed to return to the lobby level automatically and wait there with their doors open.

The room had a big king bed, and both a "fluffy blanket" (comforter), and a regular blanket (which I prefer). There was a choice of pillows. There was a minibar and fridge, in addition to the electronic safe. The WiFi was included for us as a loyalty club member. There were also two computer terminals down at the lobby level. One was a Windows computer, the other was an Apple.

We enjoyed the full breakfast, which opens at 6 AM (another plus), and was included in our rate, in addition to the hotel being so convenient to everything in town. They even let me borrow an umbrella as I checked out the town. The hotel bar is very colorful, but we didn't stop there.

We used their valet parking. The staff was very helpful, and they even went back (uncomplainingly) to the car they had just parked, when I discovered I had left my glasses in it.

We would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hedo-goer
Reviewed 18 April 2015

this hotel is fantastic. very good view ( try for the lake view) , the restaurants are good. sometimes the manager of the hotel can be snooty. the front desk staff are very good and courteous but the manager is not a very accomodating type. seems to prefer some kind of customers while ignores and is quite un helpful to others

Room Tip: try and get a room that faces the lake
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family