2,192 results
All reviewslombardi restaurantalpine suitelake viewsteep hilllovely hotelski lodgeone bedroom suitepillow menuwasher dryerper dayloved this hotelnew zealandhot tubfew minutes walkour honeymoonamazing viewsbuffet breakfast
Reviewed 24 February 2017

This is a conveniently located hotel, 10 minutes walk from the center of town in Queenstown. A taxi was offered to those who did not like walking up the hill back to the hotel. The room we has was facing the lake, on the 6th floor, with an incredible view. The room was spacious, bathroom had a great shower, and everything worked well.
My only problem with the restaurant, although the food was good, was the noise.
The hotel catered to large tour groups, at the expense of the private guests. Breakfast was like being in a busy railway station, with guests trying to find a seat, the buffet being depleted with the staff unable to keep up with restocking the food.
The night we had dinner at the hotel, a tour group of 25 people were in the restaurant, with around 10 private guests. My wife could not hear me talk across our small two person table,really!
I would suggest that the management look at usng one of the two dining rooms for tours,allowing the other guests to have an enjoyable quieter meal.

Room Tip: High floor, lake view, worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
MoritzQueenstown, Manager at Hotel St Moritz Queenstown - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Dear Marty,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the spaciousness & facilities in the room and those stunning views.

February is the busiest month of the year and I am deeply sorry this reflected badly on your experience in the restaurant. Wherever possible we do our best to accommodate guests in The Library, our most private dining space. Please accept my sincerest apologies if we did not manage well on the night you chose to dine with us. It is feedback such as yours that helps us to continually improve the quality of our service and to ensure guest satisfaction is met so thank you very much for sharing.

I do sincerely hope you allow us the opportunity of welcoming you back soon Marty.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

From the moment we stepped into the Hotel, we were made to feel very welcome. The receptionist was very informative and checked us in efficiently. Our room was spacious, well equipped and provided excellent views across the lake. It is situated in easy distance of the town although it is a steep hill to return to the Hotel. However they do provide a taxi service if the hill is too much.
The restaurant, also with great views, provided great service with excellent choice of meals. The dinner we had there was very enjoyable and could not be faulted.
I would certainly stay at this Hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed on level four which was ideal with great views

Dear Ann,

I sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to share your wonderful experience with us. I am thrilled that you experienced the warm and personable welcome we are renowned for and enjoyed our spacious rooms, stunning views, dining and service.

I am looking forward to sharing your kind words with the rest of the team and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

We returned here after 6 years and found this hotel as excellent and lovely as we remembered. Beautiful views of the lake and peninsula. Rooms are very nicely updated, have every amenity, comfortable beds, great shower and bath, luxury bath products. Service was friendly and professional from valet to reception to bar/restaurant, where we had two lovely happy hours with friends. Our go-to hotel in Queenstown.

Room Tip: Lake-view room on as high a floor as possible.

Dear Shauna,

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback and loyalty. I am thrilled that your stay was just as memorable as 6 years ago and delighted you enjoyed our newly refurbished rooms, the comfort of our beds and of course, the service from all of our teams.

We look forward to your return visit Shauna.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Don't get a room on 4th floor or lower - no a/c and very stuffy at night. Small window doesn't help. If you are expecting, as I was, 2 queen beds you are in for a surprise. 2 twin beds only. Not a great night sleep when you are used to something else. Housekeeping, in general, poor (not to my standards). TV kept losing signal. Staff very pleasant and kind. Bright star with Alvara, the concierge, he was wonderful to work with and helped out with a great helicopter booking

Room Tip: Lake view pretty but get something on 5th floor or above to be comfortable (especially if you travel in summer and like a/c)
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank rkb1956

Good morning,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, although disappointing to read.

In regards to the bed configuration, may I kindly request you to email me on h2074-fom@stmoritzmg.co.nz so I can personally investigate as we only have twin beds in our Guest Rooms.

Our temperature and air control systems, whilst not air conditioning, provides suitable air control for our weather conditions in the mountains. However, I can most definitely appreciate that we have had some warm days so far this summer.

I am delighted to share that we are upgrading our entertainment system this month, with all new smart TVs already placed in all of our rooms.

I am so pleased to hear what a highlight Alvar was to you and your Queenstown experience and look forward to sharing your kind words with him.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 21 February 2017

The Hotel St. Moritz is located near the CBD. We enjoy walking so we walked all around the town and to/from the hotel. However, it is actually on a hill over-looking the town so the walk back to the hotel is up a hill. We had an alpine one bedroom suite, so our room was huge. Free internet. Our only complaint was our room was not ready at check-in and there was a very long line to check-in. So, eliminating the check-in issues, all was good. Prices seemed rather high, but we were staying during peak summer season. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Good morning Steve,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am so pleased to hear how enjoyable your stay was; from our in-town serene location, to the comfort to the WiFi.

I do apologise for the wait upon check in, which is gladly not an usual occurrence - we do however pride ourselves in providing a warm welcome to all of our guests which was hopefully experienced by all guests arriving on that given day.

I do sincerely hope you allow us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.