1,863 results
All reviews forest wing lake view deluxe room family room in town buffet breakfast open fire underground parking spa pool steep hill new zealand quiet location washer dryer small balcony milford sound amazing views south island
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rydges relocated me (without my agreement) to the Heritage. I was disappointed by the location of heritage; it was too far to wander to centre for meal, etc.
Room was large and had all amenities; but noisy street traffic.
Staff, very pleasant, but, did not record information correctly, so I got mixed messages from staff.
Pool was good.

Room tip: Ask for quiet room
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Bunt1e
KevinKluts, General Manager at Heritage Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good afternoon Bunt1e

Thank you for taking the time offering your feedback on your stay with us at the Heritage Queenstown. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the amenities our hotel has to offer as well as the pool. I apologies for any inconvenience caused with the location move and communication. I will be sure to pass this on.

Reviewed 14 January 2019 via mobile

Rude and abrupt reception staff. Parking was actually across the road and up the hill in an unsecured gravel car park. The security deposit was taken from my CC but reimbursed to the Visa which they said could not be used for the deposit? They state in this email that they do everything to ensure a good rest for the next part of the guests journey yet they held a raging beach party two doors from our room (with booming music) until midnight. Needless to say we did not get to sleep until after that. Upon raising concerns about check in they said they would deal with it directly and I replied that I would look forward to hearing from them. Two days later, after leaving the property I still have not heard anything from them. The room was nice and housekeeping was great but the service and care factor from management is non existent. Maybe some more local friendly NZ staff would make a difference? Will never stay here again and never recommend to anyone, in fact quite the opposite.
Very disappointing.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nathan L
kevinkluts, General Manager at Heritage Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Good afternoon Nathan L

Thank you for taking the time for offering your feedback on your stay with us at the Heritage Queenstown. It is disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us.

Heritage Queenstown prides ourselves on delivering exceptional service which we seem on this occasion to have let you down on, We take all guest feedback very seriously and your comments will be followed up by management

Unfortunately we do not have all your details to verify stay details, however I personally have passed the comment about the reception staff to our Front Office Manager in order to follow it up.

In regards of parking, we offer limited parking spaces as is first comes first served basis, our staff is always able to assist if there is no more parking available at the hotel advising to park outside the hotel and even able to move cars and keep your keys if necessary to provide the best service.

About the deposit you mention, please note that we usually request a $50 pre authorisation at check in that has to be taken from a Credit Card and usually is reversed to the same Credit Card provided as the system does not admit other option.

However if it was a cash deposit, this cannot be taken from a Debit card however can be reimbursed to any credit or debit card you would prefer or cash.

It is really disappointing to hear that your first night was disrupted by noise in the early evening. We are always available to assist in this cases and send our staff members to the rooms that is causing them when we are advised.

We take all guest feedback very seriously and your comments will be followed up by management. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 January 2019

Our room was great...more like a suite with cooking facilities etc. Staff very helpful and friendly...breakfast very good. They organised a trip for us to Milton Sound. The view from our room was gorgeous overlooking the lake and the weather helped.

Date of stay: December 2018

Good morning Sue P

Thank you for taking the time offering your feedback on your stay with us at the Heritage Queenstown. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you also got to enjoy the beautiful Milford Sound. I will pass on your kind words to our team.

Reviewed 13 January 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip. All I can say is.. wow. What a spot. The hotel itself was fantastic - lovely buffet breakfast and food with great vegan options. Comfortable bed. Sauna, spa and pool for evening use - the pool area is open till 11. My only concern would be the elevators, due to the age of this hotel - the elevators need a significant upgrade. We got stuck in one and I saw my life flash before my eyes!

Trip type: Travelled on business

Good morning curlygirl1993

Thank you for taking the time offering your feedback on your stay with us at the Heritage Queenstown. It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to our team. In regards to the elevator, I apologise for the stress this caused you. This has been passed onto our Maintenance manager for further investigation.

Reviewed 10 January 2019 via mobile

Just spent a week in Christchurch expecting an equally nice hotel ...but a tad disappointed.

Hotel out of town ...but not to far out .....so ok ...

The hotel itself though looks and feels a bit dark , and 'down at heal ' particularly when set against some of the hotels you pass on your way to the Heritage ....but lets not judge it too harshly to quickly .....

A tour of the hotel , public areas and rooms only adds to the 'darkness' of the place . The restaurant for instance doesn't know wether it should be mountain chalet oriented or 21st Century. So it goes for neither but has a roaring fire in the corner in Jan in the hight of summer 22 degrees! The pool is tiny and oddly located , rooms are clean and tidy but just like the public areas ,corridors and reception needs a clean and are in desperate need of new carpets or better still some more up to date floor coverings .

Breakfast are extra and are ok but should be included.....

Had one evening meal which was in my wife's case cold and in my case inedible so eating out from now on .

Asked for a quiet room with a view . View ...tick ....Quiet NO next to the road ... 50% success here.

Will stay elsewhere for the money in future

Will be letting booking agents Trailfinders know how disappointed we are and will be offering recomendations for future guests bookings like Rydges for instance !!!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank hinfamily
KevinKluts, General Manager at Heritage Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Good morning hinfamily

Thank you for taking the time for offering your feedback on your stay with us at the Heritage Queenstown. It is disappointing to hear that you felt a sense of darkness around the hotel during your stay and that you were dissatisfied.

We are pleased to confirm the hotel will be getting a refurbishment this May and new carpet will be rolled out in all accommodation wings.

In regards to the food, I have followed up with our Executive Chef and can assure you this is an isolated incident.

We apologise for any inconvenience and I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.