“light bites - great cocktails”
Review of No5 Church Lane

No5 Church Lane
Ranked #66 of 285 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean, New Zealand
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: No5 Church Lane is a bar with a difference for the discerning drinkers in Queenstown, whether local or just here for a quick visit the team at No5 Is ready to satisfy the taste buds with delicious cocktails, fine champagnes, carefully selected local and international wines and some of the tastiest dishes in Queenstown - Modern New Zealand cuisine sourced locally.
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Staying in the next door hotel this was an easy option and well worth it - great cocktails and decent wine list too so we tried a couple of local wines which were lovely.
The food was a pleasant surprise with really nice, light options in a town with lots of big meaty places! One of the best dishes I've eaten was their take on Greek salad with an amazing frozen granita cucumber - I want the recipe! Beetroot felafels great too and the small pasta dish.
Nice laneway spot watching people pass by.

Imperium_Group, General Manager at No5 Church Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Many thanks for the review, glad we hit the spot for you!
You'd be surprised how many requests we get for the Granita secrets - they aren't secret at all, happy to share the joy! A lot of comments that it would make a great base for a cocktail - the bar team are working on that I promise.

See you again soon,

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We stopped by for end of day drinks, and after being impressed by the promise of things to come were disappointed that each drink was not quite as ordered, even 2-3 drinks in. Having said that, a pleasant location, and we enjoyed sitting outside as day turned to night.

Thank you for your feedback, I'm delighted you enjoyed the atmosphere and location. Sorry to hear the drinks may not have been perfection, we have a very experienced team on the bar who usually earn a lot of praise for nailing all the components of cocktail heaven - I'd love to get more of an idea about what we may have missed so we can put things right if there are any issues.
Please don't hesitate to reach out directly and let me know.
Regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Been here numerous times for breakfast, yes it’s a small menu but it doesn’t disappoint. The breakfast options are simplistic but elegant, and the food served is of a high quality as one would expect from a place such as this. Having said that I actually think the prices are on the low side - especially for the salmon.

Never once had poor service from any of the waitresses, the customer service here is very good. Fantastic coffee too.

Thank you for your review - I'm delighted we've become your new favourite spot!
I absolutely love our petit breakfast selection, getting a number of things absolutely perfect seems preferable to offering the world and mastering few and am glad we've nailed it for you.
I appreciate the comments on the staff as well and will be sure to pass on to the team.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Had a great breakfast, the best French toast I’ve had in a long time and excellent hospitality. Well worth a visit while in Queenstown

Great to hear you're loving the breakfast selection - one of the few things we can really indulge on while on vacation with a busy day ahead to work off the luxury!
Poached pears as an accompaniment are just divine and our house made marscapone is to die for - but the hero of this dish is the home baked sourdough baguette, definitly my pick of the breakfast options, suggest you also try the pancakes if you enjoy a sweet breakfast!

Many thanks

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Went with friends for a drink and decided to stay for a meal. I ordered risotto as a main and another in the party ordered as an entree. When they arrived mine was identical in size to the entree and definitely not a main. The bruschetta was overloaded with garlic. Their gin and tonics were almost devoid of any gin at all. To crown it all when we went to the pay the bill we were asked for $75 each which should have been $65.

Thank you for your feedback, although disappointing to read you weren't entirely happy with your experience.
There may have been a miscommunication with the kitchen with regards to portion sizes for the risotto and two entrees served - this should have been picked up by the server on the spot but certainly could have been rectified right away if you had queried, certainly the team appear to have dropped the ball on that and I apologize.
We serve all our standard drinks as 30ml pours, via measure as opposed to free pouring to remove any under or over-pour issues - potentially overpowered by a bruschetta to heavy with garlic for your taste - its a key ingredient and usually well balanced, apologies if the chef was too heavy handed this time.
I am sorry your experience was not as it should have been, if you would like to reach me directly I'd be delighted to have you back for dinner as my guest so we can show you what our levels of service should be.

Kind regards,