Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
touristy28
Bengaluru, India

Beautiful area and great hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 May 2024
How would you like to wake up to see the snowcapped mountains of the Remarkables range from your window and thats what you get when you stay here. The hotel is not in the heart of Queenstown but instead very close to the airport and major car rentals .The hotel is just the next stop ie Red Oaks stop if you wish to take the Orbus from the airport. It stops pretty much opposite the hotel ,though finding the actual entrance to the hotel is a game of hide n seek. The bus stop and Orbus service is so convenient that we didn't ever need to take a cab to the city centre. You just need to buy a BEEcard for NZ $ 5 at the Paperplus outlet int eh airport before the baggage claim using cash or credit card and top up amount of money you would need based on how many trips you will be making at the flat rate of NZD$ 2 per trip.If you are a small group or family then you can buy tickets from the bus driver for your other members using the credit available on you Bee Card .With this we were able to travel to city easily and keep the car we rented at the parking lot of the hotel . We thus avoided the parking problems one encounters within the city. The Orbus bus service is frequent and 24 hrs . So the hotel not being in the city area is not a problem at all. In fact the nearby Remarkables shopping complex is a nice place to hang out with a New World supermarket there as well .Some Tours operators like real New Zealand do offer a pick up from the hotel for their Milford Sound tour.
The staff at Holiday inn Remarkables is extremely friendly and helpful. It really made out stay cheerful.The room was big by Holiday inn Express standards,well appointed as well as very clean. Overall we had a lovely stay at this property
Date of stay: April 2024
    $232
8.3 km from Holiday Inn Queenstown Remarkables Park
Pool
View more hotels in Queenstown
All reviews breakfast was excellent room rate wonderful stay the hotel staff would stay again ihg supermarket tv amenities town
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 April 2024 via mobile

Nice room, however very small and crowded as they just put a mattress on the floor for the extra person which takes up 99%of the walking space.
Also balcony has no furniture on it, so can’t enjoy it.
The one thing that we didn’t like is we booked a room with a specific view. We weren’t told the view was currently obstructed so we paid big bucks to stay here and then had a view of a construction site and a large crane blocking the mountain view. Super disappointing.
Wouldn’t stay again due to price and distance from city centre -only booked here because views were meant to be incredible - which they aren’t, so book cautiously! Photos of the view aren’t representative on what you will get when you book.
Stay somewhere closer to the centre of town - more affordable there too.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Queenstown Remarkables Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2024

Hi nicolekizia,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Queenstown Remarkables Park and for writing us about your experience. Our hotels thought of everything to help you unwind and rest easier while maintaining a reliable and different stay in an environment that all the family can enjoy.

I received your evaluation of our services, and I am sorry for the inconvenience during your stay. We know this is not what you expected, and thank you for allowing us to look into these matters. I discussed your comments with our managers and took action to avoid this from happening again. Do not hesitate to contact us if you feel any more issues or concerns need reviewing from us. We will be glad to assist you.
We hope you allow us to host your next stay so we can change your mind about us.

Regards,

Oscar C.
Case Manager
IHG Hotel & Resorts Services

Reviewed 23 March 2024 via mobile

Just checked in today but had a horrible experience. First, the we front desk agent seems to be so keen on helping a large tourist group, rather than individual travelers like myself… I have IHG platinum and this is the first time I see this. Second, the hotel is somewhat deceptive in saying on their website that they provide “free parking”. Not at all! They only have about 10 free space, and if they are taken (apparently that’s always the case), your option would be to pay 30 nzd to park in the hotel’s underground garage, or park somewhere else… it is simply cheap on the hotel to charge for garage parking when they failed to provide the said available service!

Room tip: Just avoid….
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Queenstown Remarkables Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2024

Hi Renyu H,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Queenstown Remarkables Park and for sharing your feedback. We appreciate you doing business with IHG Hotels and Resorts for your family travel.

We always strive to provide the best service to our guests. I'm sorry for the experience. I shared this with our hotel management team. I'm certain that your feedback will be used as a reference for improvement. I also sent a private message to you to obtain more details about your stay.

Again, thanks for the feedback. We hope to welcome you back!

Always,

Rosh D.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels and Resorts Service

Reviewed 10 March 2024 via mobile

Great for one short night—I arrived at 20:00 and left at 05:00. Found it odd that they are literally adjacent to the ZQN airport but don’t offer an airport shuttle. Both reception and bar staff were oddly unfriendly (unusual for my 3 weeks in country). Room was typical Holiday Inn offering —clean and bland.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2024

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from February 27 through March 1, 2024. The staff at Reception were friendly and very helpful. Staff in the restaurant and bar on site were also professional and personable. The one bedroom suite was very comfortable with black out drapes, A/C, and a roomy ensuite bathroom. The king bed was very comfortable, and it came with 2 "soft" and 2 "firm" pillows, nicely labelled on the pillowcases in embroidery.

The first night of our stay we noticed a very bright strobe light blinking from a tall crane on a neighboring construction site. We assumed it only blinked at night, closed the drapes and went to sleep. Upon awakening it was obvious that this strobe light was very disruptive, blinking off and on at regular intervals each minute, both day and night right at the level of our bedroom window. My husband inquired about changing rooms to the opposite side of the hotel and the reception staff and manager were very prompt at finding us a suitable replacement room. They even offered to assist us with the move so that we could enjoy our day sight-seeing...

Room tip: Request a room on the high school side of the building, away from the construction.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2024

LOCATION: This Holiday Inn is close to the Queenstown Airport – maybe a 15-minute walk and even closer drive. The building is in a newer location. There are beautiful mountain views on one side and construction on the other. Staff are friendly and check-in was easy. Next door is a laundromat and a restaurant.
You can also find a grocery store and gas station nearby. At check-in they offer breakfast to be added to your room for $25/day. If you do not sign up for it at check-in and decide to add it on later, the cost goes up to $30/day.

COMMON AREAS: The common areas have a modern design. When coming up to the floor that I stayed on, I immediately noticed all of the stains (and food) on the carpet. The onsite parking is VERY limited with a total of ~13 parking spots (including 2 handicap), which is available on a first come first serve basis. There is street parking, but you can only stay there for a max of 90 minutes at all times. Other options are pay for their underground parking at $30/day or a public parking/gravel lot for $11/day, which is behind the construction and across the street from Ramada Inn.

ROOM: My bedroom was comfy, clean, and just as advertised. My room included a small couch, desk with chair, hairdryer, etc. My room and the building were pretty quiet, although I could initially hear my neighbor’s cell phone ring, their hairdryer, and when they plugged something into our shared wall. That was a bit surprising for a hotel but not too noticeable after a while – it didn’t bother me or keep me awake.

One other minor observation - the room has a small closet with bench, ironing board, robes, etc. If you have a smaller, carryon suitcase – it will fit in the space perfectly. I traveled with a large suitcase and it does not fit – unless it’s zipped and standing up. Thinking this is more for the business traveler.

SUMMARY: I would definitely stay here again – unless I could find something closer to the CBD to include parking for a similar price. The parking was my only pain point.

• Trip type: Travelled solo