Ways to Experience RealNZ
from US$55.17
More Info
from US$69.14
More Info
All reviews jet boat kawarau river hour ride awesome experience super fun driver boats skipper adrenaline blast
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2019 via mobile

Went on the 25 minute tour during some windy weather.
I was sitting in the back row next to the side which meant I got completely soaked but that was all part of the fun.
The 360’s were the best part so would have liked a few more.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

First off, if you visit Devil Burger in town you receive $20 off a jet boat ride with receipt in hand.

This review has to do with their customer service redeeming that.

I called in to book a jet boat cruise and explained that I have a $20 voucher. The lady I spoke with had no idea what I was taking about. After going on the ride I went to the office with my receipt in hand and they would not honor the voucher after my ride was complete.. what??

Extremely poor customer service and unimpressive employee training. What is $20 to them when they are doing tens of thousands of dollars a day in business? We will be doing many activities in Queenstown and Go Orange will no longer be a part of them.

I recommend going with Goldfields or K Jet as alternatives for the jet boat ride. K Jet has less people per boat and looks like a better experience.

1  Thank HelloHello1214
Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

We took the 60 minute tour up Kawarau river from Queenstown on Boxing day, and it was fabulous.
We studied all the options, with guidance from information centre, and chose this one for the hour duration and because we thought we'd get to see the bungy operating over the river, but it didn't go that far. However, we were not disappointed. There were plenty of 360 degree turns, and getting thrillingly close to branches and rocks, and we travelled so fast across the lake.
I was on right hand side and got the best view but trade off was getting wet. Those inside loved it too, but stayed warm and dry. Make sure you have a warm jacket and sunglasses on (as they advise) - even on a hot sunny day the water is cold and the wind whips at that speed.
I definitely recommend this company - the commentary was awesome, the trip up the river is thrilling, and at an hour long, good value for money compared with some of the shorter rides.

Reviewed 28 December 2018 via mobile

99% great fun. Speed and a bit of spray on the way out was great. I swapped seats to be on the inside for the way back to let someone else have the spray. The driver was very good at ensuring everyone was ok and with a couple of young kids onboard it felt as though he was in control and aware of them.

Having watched several people come off the previous boats they looked a bit sprayed so expected to dry off pretty quick. Unfortunately the last spin must have gone a bit wrong or the statement on the website is misleading, as we got completely soaked. The seats being waterproof just catch the water so you end up sitting in a puddle and from shoulder to knee we were actually dripping with water. Not sure any different clothes would help, so my advice is just be aware. It was hot and were staying nearby so opted for a quick change.

Reviewed 26 December 2018

Best way to see Queenstown and experience the adrenaline rush of Queenstown on the water-highly recommend!