Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews kawarau river great fun great driver hour ride degree spins boat driver shallow water great ride awesome experience thrilling ride local history high speed adrenaline pumping whole family amazing scenery a lot of fun my partner
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We did a tour with Tom, really sweet. Some comments during the way until the speed makes us thrilling.
Nice experience! Thx Tom !

Date of experience: December 2018
GoOrangeNZ, Manager at Go Orange Thunder Jet, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

We will be sure to let Tom know you enjoyed your experience with him, thanks for coming on our experience, hope you enjoy the rest of your time here

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

If you are in Queenstown you can’t miss it! It’s so much fun, spinning and driving fast through lake Wakatipu and the Kawarau river. You have the opportunity to see amazing landscapes of the area around Queenstown. It’s an amazing way to visit Queenstown from the lake and have fun! The guides explain you about the boat and the territory and are always ready to answer your questions! For more fun sit on the font or on the side seats!

Date of experience: December 2018

Amazing feedback.... Thanks you very much for your review, totally agree the landscapes are breathtaking, having remote access by jet boat sure does help :)

Thanks again

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This company offers 1 hour or 25 minutes thunder jet boat ride. The boat driver was simply outstanding. It was a great experience overall. The only reason I did not give them 5 stars was because of the receptionist at the counter, who did not offer discounted pricing, which I had obtained through a third party. I didn’t have time to argue with her. Several tour companies all round the world cater to acceptable discounts just by mentioning. I had even shown the entire discount description on my mobile phone, which she refused to honor.

Date of experience: December 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your ride with Go Orange Thunder Jet, unfortunately not all discounts are redeemable at our kiosk. Very glad you got to experience the back country beauty :)

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

I did this with my parents who are in their 70's it was great fun and half an hour was plenty of time as it was very cold. This was great value
A few more spins would of been good.

Date of experience: October 2018
GoOrangeNZ, Manager at Go Orange Thunder Jet, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Thanks Karen, nice to hear your parents enjoyed the trip, it really is a great experience that doesn't take up your whole day :)

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

I booked this ride through Bookme.
Didn’t had much hopes as last time I did Shotover jet.

But my expectations were over exceeded as we had driver Rama who was amazing and gave us multiple 360 degree spins and took us all the way to the river.

We absolutely loved it. Give this a try for sure and I bet you will be moved with the ride.

Date of experience: October 2018

Thanks for you kind words, Rama is a legend, and I will be sure to pass on he exceeded your expectations :)

So happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your trip

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

I have never been on a boat like this before what can I say wow!! What a great adventure, the staff very helpful the driver of the boat very funny and made the whole trip fun. The boat was clean and well-maintained

Date of experience: October 2018

Jet Boats are amazing machines, glad to hear you enjoyed your trip with Go Orange.